Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:00:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 10

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 25, 2020, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsparagusTrevor

Rymans wouldn't have time to film a full series, as he is currently contracted to appear in every advertisement.

Norton Canes

Same reason Tom Allen wasn't on it - he's too busy being on every fucking thing else

KennyMonster

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 09, 2021, 02:59:44 PM
Same reason Tom Allen wasn't on it - he's too busy being on every fucking thing else

True, it must take a hell of a lot of effort to make it look like you aren't ripping off Mark Steel.

holyzombiejesus

I hate Tom Allen so much, I don't think I could watch Taskmaster if he's a contestant. He was on the Sky version of Final Score and even my 3 year old disliked him.

amateur

Ubiquitous and odious, imo. Terrific agent!

Ja'moke

Tim Key is the guest on the latest episode of the Taskmaster podcast, going over Series 1.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Ja'moke on January 14, 2021, 12:37:39 PM
Tim Key is the guest on the latest episode of the Taskmaster podcast, going over Series 1.

Listened to this now. Really funny and some good behind the scenes insight, including talk of a never aired task that involved the contestants dressing up as a parrot in a shopping centre, which they all hated.

Tim especially hated those public tasks; the high five a 55 year old one. And explained that his "Comic Relief" excuse wasn't really about cheating or coming up with a clever work around, it was just the only way he could get over his nerves and awkwardness of approaching members of the public to do the task.

SteveDave

The task left in Josh Widdecombe's dressing room for his newborn daughter (as mentioned in the latest podcast) made my eyes wet.

BeardFaceMan

I enjoyed this series a lot more on a rewatch than I thought I would but I'm suprised Greg Davies didn't get a hernia with all the heavy lifting he was doing, he saved the series by being the best thing about it by far.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: SteveDave on January 22, 2021, 08:48:46 PM
The task left in Josh Widdecombe's dressing room for his newborn daughter (as mentioned in the latest podcast) made my eyes wet.

Just flicked through it but couldn't find any mention. What was it?

sprocket

Old Thrashbarg

The Champion of Champions show was recorded just after Josh's daughter was born. In his dressing room when he'd finished recording was a task envelope. It addressed his daughter and said that her task was to have the best life ever. Time starts now.

shh

There was some speculation a few pages back about Stewart Lee on this.
QuoteStewart Lee: I've seen an episode of Taskmaster. I thought it was good. Alex Horne used to do it as a live show, which I remember taking my kids to when they were really small. But King Rocker isn't anything to do with that world. We're very glad Sky's taken it on to show it, because it doesn't fit any obvious genre. And I've managed to completely isolate myself from the wider comedy community (laughs), so it's not really part of that. Rob seems to think it's his passport to minor celebrity fame. He thinks he'll be able to become what he describes as a Bez-like figure (laughs), doing things where he drinks Bovril with celebrities.

So he'll be on the next series of Taskmaster?

Stewart Lee: He's more likely to be on Taskmaster than me.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/film-tv/article/51749/1/stewart-lee-michael-cumming-10-cult-documentaries-king-rocker-interview

andy33

It's pretty well documented that Alex doesn't like accepting outside/unsolicited submissions for tasks (the wisdom of which is debatable) but famed quiz setter David Bodycombe tweeted during series 10 that he was behind the "Silent Cocktail" task. And today he's tweeted a bit more about it too.

https://twitter.com/DavidJBodycombe/status/1359536603308429314

Very interesting, imo.

frajer

That is interesting, thanks for posting. I thought silent cocktail was one of the better tasks that series too.

MigraineBoy

I'm glad they didn't go with his idea of 'booby trap' items.  There was enough jeopardy with them just making cocktails regularly without a random element involved.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

WOOAAAAHHH Bodycombe! Bodycombe for yoooouu.

beanheadmcginty

Just started series 2 on my rewatch and I have zero memory of Doc Brown ever being in this programme. It's proper freaking me out. Have I slipped into an alternative universe yet again?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on February 17, 2021, 05:29:24 PMJust started series 2 on my rewatch and I have zero memory of Doc Brown ever being in this programme. It's proper freaking me out. Have I slipped into an alternative universe yet again?

Huh? Doc Brown? Who is Doc Brown?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

beanheadmcginty

Exactly. He's Zadie Smith's brother. I recognised him immediately because he sometimes presents the Kermode Mayo film programme when they're on holiday. He definitely never was on Taskmaster, yet here he is. And I've definitely seen this series before because I remember all the tasks perfectly. Just without him being there.

Ja'moke

Taskmaster Series 11 starts on March 18th: https://twitter.com/britishcomedy/status/1366095198024065032

No word on that Champion of Champions edition though, which they'd previously confirmed was happening.

Quote from: Ja'moke on February 28, 2021, 09:06:14 PM
Taskmaster Series 11 starts on March 18th: https://twitter.com/britishcomedy/status/1366095198024065032

No word on that Champion of Champions edition though, which they'd previously confirmed was happening.

There's a series 11 thread here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=84064.0

Havmannen

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 09, 2021, 02:59:44 PM

You're thinking of Bradley Walsh.

Twilkes

Just found this on a hard drive - during one of the lockdowns I wanted to do a video edit project so put together The Rise And Fall Of Richard & Daisy, unfortunately copyright detection meant nowhere would host it so that was a waste of a week. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s-GJIof5lWeVwX-4PIHxwboS0u5yWvyg/view?usp=drivesdk