Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 10

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 25, 2020, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Quote from: MigraineBoy on October 03, 2020, 06:40:22 PM
That Ayoade/Carr line-up was shouted down as bullshit by people in attendance.  However one of them posted that the surname of every s11 contestant can be found in:

ACDEHIKLMNORTWXZ

David Mitchell maybe?

The Z could be for Francesca Martinez?

MigraineBoy

Somebody elsewhere posted:

Spoiler alert
David Mitchell
Eddie Izzard
Gus Khan
Martha Howe
Sarah Alexander
[close]

And their surnames use everyone of those letters, so looks like that could be it.

Ja'moke

Quote from: MigraineBoy on October 03, 2020, 08:22:54 PM
Somebody elsewhere posted:

Spoiler alert
David Mitchell
Eddie Izzard
Gus Khan
Martha Howe
Sarah Alexander
[close]

And their surnames use everyone of those letters, so looks like that could be it.

Or they saw those letters and just made it up based on people that fit.

Also isn't it Martha Howe-Douglas?

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 04, 2020, 12:04:04 AM
Or they saw those letters and just made it up based on people that fit.

Also isn't it Martha Howe-Douglas?

2 valid points.  On that reckoning you could have Alice Lowe.

amateur

Quote from: MigraineBoy on October 03, 2020, 06:40:22 PM
That Ayoade/Carr line-up was shouted down as bullshit by people in attendance.  However one of them posted that the surname of every s11 contestant can be found in:

ACDEHIKLMNORTWXZ

...is this a task

Norton Canes

Tom Acde
Jeff Hikl
Sally M'Nort 

Seagullsim

Any idea why they are preview-screening S11, when S10 hasn't even been broadcast yet?

BeardFaceMan

It's not a preview screening is it, they're recording the audience laughter for the studio bits?

shh

I don't think any of them are with avalon, so...

beanheadmcginty

Honestly think Clarkson would be pretty good at this.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: shh on October 08, 2020, 01:37:47 AM
I don't think any of them are with avalon, so...
The Avalon thing fluctuates - they've always got Horne/Davies, but only Herring is Avalon this time around following a series with Baddiel, Gamble, Matafeo.

BeardFaceMan

There's going to be an official Taskmaster podcast to go with this series too, hosted by Ed Gamble.

lankyguy95

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 12, 2020, 03:38:50 PM
There's going to be an official Taskmaster podcast to go with this series too, hosted by Ed Gamble.
Of course there fucking is.

DrGreggles

To be honest I'm surprised there wasn't one already.

BeardFaceMan

Podcasts, tv adverts, front page magazine covers and interviews, Channel 4 are spending a fortune on this, they must have very high hopes for it.

Purple Toupee

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 12, 2020, 06:00:22 PM
Podcasts, tv adverts, front page magazine covers and interviews, Channel 4 are spending a fortune on this, they must have very high hopes for it.
There's tons of posters out my way as well. Fingers crossed it's a good series as I do think it's hit or miss depending on the cast, but when it clicks it's brilliant.

I found Ed Gamble insufferable on the show so a polite no thank you to the podcast. Try-hard wanker.

DrGreggles

Ed's a genuine fan of the show though, so it could be OK.
I think it could work if they treated it really seriously.

amateur

Think I'll probably just read opinions about each episode of Taskmaster on here rather than listen to a podcast tyvm

frajer

I don't mind Gamble but mainly as he's got a lot of goodwill from the "Peacock and" era. The beige Avalon years aren't doing much for me and I agree he didn't come across well in the show. But he's close pals and touring/writing partner of Greg so fingers crossed should make for a good dynamic.

magval

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 12, 2020, 07:41:36 PM
Ed's a genuine fan of the show though, so it could be OK.
I think it could work if they treated it really seriously.

He's also a genuine fan of metal music and his metal podcast is shite as well.

Ambient Sheep

Yeah, I had the same reaction: podcast YAY... oh.  Let's hope our fears are unfounded.

Meanwhile I notice that E4 is showing Series 1 every weekday at 8pm, starting next Monday (19th Oct).

Dave is still in the middle of showing S3, so they don't seem to have lost the rights to the old stuff.  Are they still all on UKTVPlay, I wonder?

Presumably All4 will only have S10 and then the oldies as they play them, but you never know, maybe they'll both have all of them up to S9 inclusive!

Weird situation.

kitsofan34

Quote from: sevendaughters on October 12, 2020, 11:56:45 AM
nice little interview from the cover of Radio Times re: the move to C4
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-10-10/taskmaster-series-10-greg-davies-alex-horne-channel-4-big-rt-interview/

I liked this answer from Greg.

QuoteGreg Also, as comedians, the thing that they hold on to is that they've spent a long time finding their comic voice and are very in control of the persona that they offer up, yet they just can't do that in Taskmaster. And the results are always delightful. The person I always cite is David Baddiel. You think of him as being quite a lofty academic, but he gets dropped into Taskmaster, and the man's a buffoon.

Ah yes I famously think of David Baddiel as a lofty academic.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: kitsofan34 on October 13, 2020, 10:13:04 AM
Ah yes I famously think of David Baddiel as a lofty academic.

He certainly thinks of himself as an intellectual.

Wet Blanket

Even though Baddiel is a bad example I agree with Greg that it's a great aspect of the show. You get a real insight into the comics' actual personalities. I thought Noel Fielding, for instance, who I wouldn't normally have much time for, came across as quite an affable bloke, while Russell Howard is clearly as much of a cunt in real life as he is onstage.

It's a shame Frankie Boyle apparently turned it down as it would be interesting to see what kind of light it shone on his specifically downbeat persona.

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 13, 2020, 10:38:50 AM
He certainly thinks of himself as an intellectual.

This is a comedy forum, people will be much more aware of how Baddiel is than the general public, I reckon for them it would have been a surprise to see how useless and unthinking he came across.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: thelittlemango on October 13, 2020, 12:47:49 PM
This is a comedy forum, people will be much more aware of how Baddiel is than the general public, I reckon for them it would have been a surprise to see how useless and unthinking he came across.

Thats what i mean, his public persona is that he's an intellectual, went to Cambridge, all that. And he certainly doesnt disagree, even though he acknowledges how utterly useless he is at every day life.