Author Topic: Simpsons Shitposts  (Read 33538 times)

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
Re: Simpsons Shitposts
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2020, 02:13:35 PM »

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2020, 05:25:57 PM »

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2020, 07:18:40 PM »
Neatposting is cracking me up.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2020, 08:03:03 PM »

The Mollusk

• Das ist not eine booby!
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2020, 08:25:22 PM »
There’s a video from years ago which I wish I saved as I can’t find it anywhere. It was a clip from the song “Theme From S’Express” and when the singer goes “I’ve got the hots for you” it cuts to the flashback of Ned’s beatnik father mimicking playing the bongos going “BOOM BOOM BAP BOOM BAP BOOM BOOM BAP”. I know this doesn’t do it justice but I hope you understand why I found it so great.

PlanktonSideburns

• encoded by an oaf
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2020, 09:34:01 PM »
Knock knock

Who's there?

TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE!

Hahaha I REMEMBER these things

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2020, 01:00:36 PM »

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2020, 01:29:35 PM »

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2020, 03:27:23 PM »

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2020, 04:36:03 PM »

TheMonk

• Hello folks
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2020, 10:27:25 AM »
I don’t get it and feel old.

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2020, 10:34:42 AM »

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »
I don’t get it and feel old.

Again though, people saying they don't get it, do you just not know the references or just don't know why people find it funny?

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2020, 12:51:03 PM »
Yeah they’re just mash-ups of two funny Simpsons moments, re-combined in a way that puts a new spin on the joke.

The one I liked above is the emotional endpoint of the iconic Dustin Hoffman/Mr. Bergstrom storyline from Lisa’s Substitute back in season 2. You get the first few panels which are the setup, then huh, the note is blank, final frame cut to Johnny Tightlips, a daft one-off character who never tells nobody nothin’.

It’s silly and fun. They’re all funny but I don’t think you need to feel old - if anything, you need to have an obsessive knowledge of a tv show from 25-30 years ago in order to make the connections and get the joke.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

• Oh it's a whole flock of detectives
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »

TheMonk

• Hello folks
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2020, 10:28:42 AM »
Yeah they’re just mash-ups of two funny Simpsons moments, re-combined in a way that puts a new spin on the joke.

The one I liked above is the emotional endpoint of the iconic Dustin Hoffman/Mr. Bergstrom storyline from Lisa’s Substitute back in season 2. You get the first few panels which are the setup, then huh, the note is blank, final frame cut to Johnny Tightlips, a daft one-off character who never tells nobody nothin’.

It’s silly and fun. They’re all funny but I don’t think you need to feel old - if anything, you need to have an obsessive knowledge of a tv show from 25-30 years ago in order to make the connections and get the joke.
Ok ta for that.
Maybe a rewatch is in order.

The Lurker

• Your whole life has led up to you reading this
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2020, 05:17:53 PM »
Enjoyed this #CorriePosting I saw the other day

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2020, 04:17:21 PM »

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2020, 04:37:17 PM »
This thread reminded me of good old Simstadts from old:

https://thesimstadts.tumblr.com/

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2020, 07:21:15 PM »
It's about time this happened.

PlanktonSideburns

• encoded by an oaf
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2020, 09:27:27 PM »
love that

whats it about?

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2020, 09:41:43 PM »

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2020, 09:42:29 PM »

The Mollusk

• Das ist not eine booby!
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2020, 09:10:10 AM »
I wish I knew where the original audio for this video came from, but sometimes the great thing about stupid memes is that they're hilarious without context.

"Bringin' up old shit eh..."

This is another banger set to "Big Poppa" by Notorious B.I.G.:

Notorious N.E.D.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

• Oh it's a whole flock of detectives
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »
I wish I knew where the original audio for this video came from, but sometimes the great thing about stupid memes is that they're hilarious without context.

"Bringin' up old shit eh..."

That ones brilliant

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2020, 11:57:19 AM »

This is another banger set to "Big Poppa" by Notorious B.I.G.:

Notorious N.E.D.

Ha the best one of these is Earl Sinclair doing Hypnotize
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vmlww9708

idunnosomename

• FROG ON THE BIG WHEEL
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2020, 12:02:13 PM »

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2020, 06:39:26 PM »
love that

whats it about?

If you're asking in regards to Simstadts, then I don't fully know, to be honest. I just remember it being posted on a forum I used to go on in the mid 00s. At that point it was it's own website (I think. I could be wrong), back in the day when people would build their own websites for anything creative. At the time it appeared to have no named creator behind it, nor any indication of how it originated. I think there was a theory that the text had been ran through a language translator a few times, but that still doesn't explain the accompanying images.

I'm actually quite glad I've never found out who, why and how it was made. It's just an internet oddity from the 00s that has no explanation behind it. Every so often I'll remember it, and go search for it, and be glad that it still exists somewhere.

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2020, 10:35:20 PM »
If you're asking in regards to Simstadts, then I don't fully know, to be honest. I just remember it being posted on a forum I used to go on in the mid 00s. At that point it was it's own website (I think. I could be wrong), back in the day when people would build their own websites for anything creative. At the time it appeared to have no named creator behind it, nor any indication of how it originated. I think there was a theory that the text had been ran through a language translator a few times, but that still doesn't explain the accompanying images.

I'm actually quite glad I've never found out who, why and how it was made. It's just an internet oddity from the 00s that has no explanation behind it. Every so often I'll remember it, and go search for it, and be glad that it still exists somewhere.

I'm not sure this sheds any light, but I do know they were made by a gentleman called Sam Millen who I believe was a friend of someone from goaste/n3ta - goaste was where they were originally hosted.

http://razstar.brinkster.net/goaste/simstadts001.html

The 22 on that page are the originals, at some point someone else made the other website linked above and started making new ones.

There's also the MS Paint "HOMER IS DEAD" comic strips that were done by Raz, which ended up becoming a meme years later.

Basically goaste was ahead of the curve with this Simpsons Shitposting malarkey.

Tags: