Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Simpsons Shitposts

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 25, 2020, 03:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: I.D. Smith on August 20, 2020, 06:39:26 PM
If you're asking in regards to Simstadts, then I don't fully know, to be honest. I just remember it being posted on a forum I used to go on in the mid 00s. At that point it was it's own website (I think. I could be wrong), back in the day when people would build their own websites for anything creative. At the time it appeared to have no named creator behind it, nor any indication of how it originated. I think there was a theory that the text had been ran through a language translator a few times, but that still doesn't explain the accompanying images.

I'm actually quite glad I've never found out who, why and how it was made. It's just an internet oddity from the 00s that has no explanation behind it. Every so often I'll remember it, and go search for it, and be glad that it still exists somewhere.

yea youre right, im glad thats the answer

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://youtu.be/AyEmW4c0MtY

This Steamed Hams one veers in and out a bit but some amazing stuff in there too.

The Mollusk

In response to the Simstadts chat I'd just like to say that goaste is one of the greatest humour content websites ever made and I hope it stays online forever.

I.D. Smith

Quote from: Phil_A on August 20, 2020, 10:35:20 PM
I'm not sure this sheds any light, but I do know they were made by a gentleman called Sam Millen who I believe was a friend of someone from goaste/n3ta - goaste was where they were originally hosted.

http://razstar.brinkster.net/goaste/simstadts001.html

The 22 on that page are the originals, at some point someone else made the other website linked above and started making new ones.

There's also the MS Paint "HOMER IS DEAD" comic strips that were done by Raz, which ended up becoming a meme years later.

Basically goaste was ahead of the curve with this Simpsons Shitposting malarkey.

Aaaah, I see, thanks for the info! I should know this, because it was n3ta I was on, and I used to read goaste.

I.D. Smith

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 20, 2020, 11:09:00 PM
In response to the Simstadts chat I'd just like to say that goaste is one of the greatest humour content websites ever made and I hope it stays online forever.

And yes, I agree with this. Always been a small secret bit of pride that a couple of bits on my rubbish made it on to goaste.

The Mollusk

I.D. Smith

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 21, 2020, 04:14:32 PM
Ooh, which stuff?

Just a couple of edited comic strips from George and Lynne and a Ginger from the Beezer :)

Sebastian Cobb

There was also that Chris guy who did 'simpsons pictures that i've done' which I kind of associate with those chad/nerd memes.

These left me cold in a way the mashups absolutely do not.

The Mollusk

Yeah fuck Chris (simpsons artist). Wacky load of fucking bollocks. Get in the bin with David Shrigley.

The Mollusk

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 20, 2020, 11:09:00 PM
My proudest internet moment was getting a George and Lynn strip accepted for a Goaste newsletter. But I can't find it on http://razstar.brinkster.net/goaste/georgeandlynne001.html so I may have hallucinated the whole affair. (My avatar is an old Goaste image too)

DangledTeeth

Quote from: The Lurker on August 18, 2020, 05:17:53 PM
Enjoyed this #CorriePosting I saw the other day

I had to do it...

The Mollusk

DangledTeeth that is fucking amazing

DangledTeeth

Thank you, Mollusk.

-----------

-------

----------

Thursday

Ok sorry but these one's aren't funny to me at all.

The Mollusk

They're fuckin great and are the crowning definition of actual shitposting

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Thursday on August 26, 2020, 09:17:11 AM
Ok sorry but these one's aren't funny to me at all.

Yeah, it's the difference between combining already funny jokes from the writers into something new and creative, and some fan just trying to be funny by themselves. Not that the latter isn't possible, just much harder to get right.

The Mollusk

Shitposting is all about square-pegging base/abstract/completely stupid humour into pop culture though. It's just that with The Simpsons, there exists a fanbase which has the perfect blend of Gen Z humour awareness and an obsessive knowledge of the golden years episodes to whittle obscure or throwaway lines or gags into something fresh and ridiculous. It also helps that The Simpsons is still running and for many people these creations serve as a reminder of the greatness of the old material whilst making something that's knowing enough to be joyous as its own individual thing.

Amongst all of the gold (that's been steadily filtered into places like this thread), the Simpsons Shitposting group on Facebook is notorious for its absolute hammering of total bollocks jokes. "Cumposting" was a massive thing on there the last time I had a look. Endless swathes of poorly conceived jokes about cum crowbarred into Simpsons screenshots. For me, the dreadful or weird or insane stuff is just as funny as the topical or in-universe stuff. That's why DangledTeeth's posts are so funny to me, and also why Caravan of Death was one of the most amazing creative efforts H.S. Art has ever seen by a country mile.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The Selma one was great, not quite as keen on these recent ones though they are still good.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 26, 2020, 11:57:52 AM
Shitposting is all about square-pegging base/abstract/completely stupid humour into pop culture though.

I'm not really too bothered about what 'shitposting' is or isn't though. The Mr Bergstrom/Johnny Tightlips switch is utterly brilliant, as is the Kirk's cracker factory boss saying "good luck". Wonderfully creative combining of multiple different jokes to make something new, but still grounded in the humour of those original concepts.

Willie saying 'cunt' doesn't really do it for me in the same way.

Blumf

Not technically a shitpost, but this Dark Simpsons video gave me a good guffaw. You'll know when.