Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo prototypes leaked

Started by Kryton, July 25, 2020, 04:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Stop Dancer

Absolutely loving following this on resetera. I don't know why it's so fascinating, but it is.

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on July 26, 2020, 05:10:16 PM
Absolutely loving following this on resetera. I don't know why it's so fascinating, but it is.

Especially loving the pearl clutching "we have no right to discuss stolen IP!" crowd over there. Yeah, poor Nintendo, going to really suffer because there's now a beta version of Super Mario Kart out there with different music and a barely playable alpha version of Yoshi's Island with a Donkey Kong sprite in it.

Sebastian Cobb

I thought Starfox 2 roms had been circulating for a while, to the point that some tinkerers had burnt their own roms and made a playable cartridge.

popcorn

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 26, 2020, 10:01:02 PM
I thought Starfox 2 roms had been circulating for a while, to the point that some tinkerers had burnt their own roms and made a playable cartridge.

Not only had near-complete Starfox 2 roms been floating online for years, it was officially released on the SNES Mini a couple of years ago. The interesting Starfox stuff is all prototype/beta stuff.

It's so weirdly satisfying hearing "do a barrel roll" in its original uncompressed audio file.

Pinball

I guess you could add a rom to an SD2SNES-type Everdrive if you wanted to play these?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pinball on August 10, 2020, 05:44:16 PM
I guess you could add a rom to an SD2SNES-type Everdrive if you wanted to play these?

Probably, unless they were using prototype different enhancement chips (like the super fx) as although the posh carts have FPGA's that can emulate these, the prototypes if they have them might behave differently.