Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:38:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tom Hanks suffers wrath of QAnon on Instagram

Started by Retinend, July 25, 2020, 07:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Moribunderast on August 02, 2020, 12:17:52 PM
An active danger in some cases, as we're seeing with cunts refusing to wear masks or believe that COVID-19 exists.

Quote from: Marner and Me on August 02, 2020, 12:24:47 PM
Agree with that

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 08:09:21 PM
Load of shite, just done my first shop in one, I guess like many mine is going to live in the car and be there for appearances sake only. Certainly not going to keep buying them again. Went on the piss the other night, didn't need a mask then though. I can play football, sweat and contact other players and not need a mask. However I need one to ponce around Tesco where I can actually distance from people. It's an absolute joke.

Marner and Me

Didn't actually say I didn't wear a mask, I just think it is fucking pointless.

Dog Botherer

this is what happen when trust in media and authority is eroded down to single digit percentages tbh

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Marner and Me on August 02, 2020, 12:56:55 PM

Well, your personal choice is not an issue here. It's exceptional circumstances. You need to take all precautions during a pandemic. Even if it means 1 person doesn't suffer it is worth it. They are not telling you that you must give up your first born or donate a liver.

Annie Labuntur

I'm a bit behind with this QAnon shower so apologies if it's mentioned elsewhere, but presumably they're just targeting Hanks because he said he has "no respect" for people who don't wear masks?

Mister Six

Road to Perdition was decent. And Hanks playing out of character.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on August 02, 2020, 01:36:04 PM
I'm a bit behind with this QAnon shower so apologies if it's mentioned elsewhere, but presumably they're just targeting Hanks because he said he has "no respect" for people who don't wear masks?

nah they've been after him long before the covid. the mask stuff might have exacerbated things though, plus the huge bump in popularity for the conspiracy in general lately.

Icehaven

BlodwynPig

Annie Labuntur

Quote from: Dog Botherer on August 02, 2020, 02:21:35 PM
nah they've been after him long before the covid. the mask stuff might have exacerbated things though, plus the huge bump in popularity for the conspiracy in general lately.
Thanks (npi), didn't realise, and I didn't fancy diving into their murk.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on August 02, 2020, 02:37:59 PM
Thanks (npi), didn't realise, and I didn't fancy diving into their murk.

no worries, been kinda half following the (non) progress of Q for a couple of years now. it started off as mildly entertaining but now it's vaguely frightening.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Marner and Me on August 02, 2020, 12:56:55 PM

So is playing football.

Dayraven

Quote from: Dog Botherer on August 02, 2020, 02:21:35 PM
They'll go for pretty much any celebrity. The cryptic instagram posts are probably catnip to their bizarre over-interpreting of media, though.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Dayraven on August 02, 2020, 03:18:57 PM
They'll go for pretty much any celebrity. The cryptic instagram posts are probably catnip to their bizarre over-interpreting of media, though.

And these cunts still log-off, open a beer and watch Netflix or a rip of the latest Marvel effort.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 02, 2020, 03:24:02 PM
And these cunts still log-off, open a beer and watch Netflix or a rip of the latest Marvel effort.

nah Marvel is marxist propaganda

Marner and Me

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 02, 2020, 03:01:58 PM
So is playing football.
Good exercise in a sociable environment that absolutely anyone can join in and play. As a concept football is brilliant.   

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Retinend on July 26, 2020, 12:09:27 AM
you believe that Hanks has something to hide?

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 26, 2020, 02:46:14 AM
He was originally arrested for child prostitution in 2008, so it's more surprising that more people weren't talking about his relationships with the rich and powerful.

Don't give these dumbshits more credit, they think they're on a holy crusade to save the (white) children of the world from everyone they don't like, this thread being an example.
It's not as if you can't name a Tory MP or a Peer who's probably been a nonce, and these cunts are frothing over a childish series of tenuous connections made by 4chan trolls

El Unicornio, mang

Facebook comment on the route 66 glove pic he took, irrefutable proof that Tom Hanks was involved in the murder of Kappy, along with being a pedophile who eats babies

QuoteKyle Carter look at the shadow of his elbow. There appears to be a cap, and if you look at it close enough it looks like it has a p on it. Cap + P...... what could that possibly mean?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Moribunderast on August 02, 2020, 12:17:52 PM
I've long hated Tom Hanks because I just find him so DULL and emblematic of American big budget mediocrity. He's the McDonald's of acting. If it turned out he was actually walking around gunning down joggers, sacrificing children, taking photos implicating himself and then posting it online, I would be quite impressed!

Seriously though, this Q Anon shit may annoy me more than any other conspiracy theory in history. I'm not even against conspiracy theories (though many are stupid and I hate how people who believe in ONE theory tend to then believe in a hundred others). But this Q Anon shit was debunked years ago with Pizzagate being a bust AND Hilary never being arrested as foretold, yet these imbecilic followers still believe the "predictions" and "information" spread by some geek on Chan boards who is almost certainly a sadistic troll or government stooge employing a very basic psy-op. The fact that I'm seeing more and more people buying into it (and combining it with being anti-vax, flat earth and any number of other shit) makes me despair for humanity. More than I normally do. I genuinely feel these people are lost and are a detriment to society. An active danger in some cases, as we're seeing with cunts refusing to wear masks or believe that COVID-19 exists.
And, fairly crucially, not a single prediction they've made has actually come true.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on August 02, 2020, 06:53:09 PM
Facebook comment on the route 66 glove pic he took, irrefutable proof that Tom Hanks was involved in the murder of Kappy, along with being a pedophile who eats babies

Was Kappy an end boss in Mario Bros?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 02, 2020, 06:55:19 PM
And, fairly crucially, not a single prediction they've made has actually come true.

The Evangelicals are real fuckers aren't they.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 02, 2020, 07:37:26 PM
Was Kappy an end boss in Mario Bros?

Quotewiki › Super_Mario_Bros._(film)
Tom Hanks was considered for the role of Luigi

Coincidence? I think not.

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on August 02, 2020, 08:00:06 PM
Coincidence? I think not.

Tom Hanks, near the peak of his success and on the verge of winning his first two back-to-back Oscars in 1993 and 1994, was in talks to star in Super Mario Brothers??

Maybe he is a paedo.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on August 02, 2020, 08:07:28 PM
Tom Hanks, near the peak of his success and on the verge of winning his first two back-to-back Oscars in 1993 and 1994, was in talks to star in Super Mario Brothers??

Maybe he is a paedo.

QuoteTom Hanks was considered for the role of Luigi, but a string of recent box-office failures dropped him consideration

I guess in reference to these?

Joe Versus the Volcano
The Bonfire of the Vanities
Radio Flyer

Had a string of about 10 critical and commercial successes right after though

dissolute ocelot

The Mario film went through a lot of scripts and pre-production before it shot. I can't be bothered searching the full SMB The Movie Archive but for a time around 1991 when they were putting early script ideas together, Hanks was probably happy to do real-life plumbing.

Ferris

Quote from: Dog Botherer on July 25, 2020, 11:19:14 PM
4chan slang afaik

Yeah it was commonplace on /b/ back when I lurked 2006-2011.

Surprised to see all this old shit making it to the mainstream though, it's like the weird kid you knew as a teenager has become a shadow cabinet minister giving interviews to mainstream press but hasn't changed his views or mannerisms at all in the intervening 10 years since you last spoke to them