Author Topic: Archer Season 11  (Read 1220 times)

NoSleep

• This is your Uncle Jim speaking
    • Space Is The Place
Re: Archer Season 11
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2020, 10:27:32 AM »
Well, I absolutely love the show. Mostly because of the banter between the main cast (and the phrasing), but also because it spoofs the whole idea of the super spy by making everything come at a real world price (tinnitus, std, pension plans, breast cancer, etc).

I'm not holding out a lot of hope for this new season after the Reed-free episodes last season, but I'll have to watch nonetheless.

MojoJojo

• Between a cow college and a MetaLab.
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2020, 11:38:22 AM »
Watched a couple of episodes of Archer in SPAAAACE!

- I hate what they've done to the opening music. Surely it was possible to sci-fi it without making so unpleasant.
- Something seems to have gone wrong with the visual referencing. The other series used to exaggerate the style without directly referencing stuff (or only rarely). But this seems to have loads of directly referenced stuff. Oh this is Aliens. This is Firefly. This is Thor: Ragnorak. And they don't go together very well, and it's distracting. It's a salad not a melting pot.

It leaves me with the feeling they weren't particularly enthusiastic about the sci-fi theme.

madhair60

• カッコイイ
  • Golden Member
  • バカ
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »
Having said that I HATE the look (and content) of anime so we probably just have completely different tastes.

what? all anime? every single japanese animated cartoon? all of em? even Totoro?!?

edit: I really don't think Archer is a good looking show, I'm not saying I hate it, I do think it's funny enough what I've seen of it.

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2020, 01:08:01 PM »
They cater to anime pervs like madhair60:

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2020, 02:35:03 PM »
I've now watched the first couple of space episodes since I'd never got round to it since the last 2 series bored me.

I really like Cheryl's haircut.

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2020, 01:10:11 AM »
what? all anime? every single japanese animated cartoon? all of em? even Totoro?!?

edit: I really don't think Archer is a good looking show, I'm not saying I hate it, I do think it's funny enough what I've seen of it.

I guess I haven't really given it much of a chance. The bits I have seen just seem boring, weird-looking, not funny and over the top "cute". Then there's the frequent sexualising of extremely young girls.

madhair60

• カッコイイ
  • Golden Member
  • バカ
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2020, 09:45:26 PM »
bollocks talker but it's OK there is no requirement to like anime

Tags: