Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:55:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RIP C P Lee

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, July 26, 2020, 11:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Former leader of Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias has "snuff"[nb]as in ' Snuff Rock'.[/nb]ed it.Bang your head on the pall( bearer).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

No one even wants to chime in with a " she was good as the original backing vocalist for Wham!, before she started shagging Paul Weller" post? Disappointing.

Small Man Big Horse

How about "Not even the best Christopher Lee in The Beatles?"

Jockice

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 26, 2020, 02:03:12 PM
No one even wants to chime in with a " she was good as the original backing vocalist for Wham!, before she started shagging Paul Weller" post? Disappointing.

I'll do it, if only to point out that there was a police officer in South Yorkshire who used to get quoted regularly in the paper whose surname was Lee and who was a Detective Constable. If I ever subbed a story with him in it I'd make sure he was quoted twice so that the second time...oh, you've guessed it.

Chriddof

Very sad to hear of this. CP Lee is perhaps better known today as being one of the two people behind the v. early synth pop band Gerry & The Holograms, for which he contributed vocals:

https://youtu.be/oAinqyLGJyc

An album of material from the project was put out via Bandcamp not too long ago. Also he and the rest of Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias got their own sketch show on Granada circa 1982-ish, called "Teach Yourself Gibberish", which seems to be on Youtube in its entirety - here's part 1 of episode 1.

pigamus

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 26, 2020, 02:03:12 PM

I was going to go for the Little Arrows angle

Sin Agog

Didn't place the name until I saw this thread, but I really like that Meet the Dissidents single- I love how it gets more and more flagrantly Mancunian as the track goes along- and I've got Heads Down, No Nonsense, Mindless Boogie on a comp somewhere.

I guess we're running out of wrinkly rockers to die off and now it's the punks' turn.

buzby

That's sad news. He was one of the founders of the Manchester Digital Music Archive, which grew out of his book Shake, Rattle And Rain which chronicled the pop music scene in Manchester from 1955 to 1995.