Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:55:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird Cameos in stuff.

Started by Fr.Bigley, July 26, 2020, 11:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

if you've seen gritty HBO prison drama Oz, I was surprised to see protagonist Tobias Beecher as one of the guys headbanging to Bohemian Rhapsody in the car on Wayne's World.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: rilk on July 26, 2020, 01:48:20 PM
Keith Chegwin in Polanski's Macbeth

Cameo? He was hardly doing Cheggers Plays Pop at the time. He was just an unknown actor in 1971.

BritishHobo

Always amused to see Mark Heap and Kevin Eldon inexplicably pop up walking dogs in Tim Burton's Willy Wonka film.

Icehaven

Limmy's in an episode of The IT Crowd for about 5 seconds, so I dunno if it's a 'cameo' or if he was just a relatively unknown comedian cast in a very small role.

Glebe

Quote from: Sin Agog on July 26, 2020, 11:49:48 AMToo big to be a cameo, but I always find it completely disorienting what a prominent role Trigger has in Fiddler on the Roof.  He pulls very few faces, though.

Didn't know that. I've never properly seen the film though, being only really familiar with 'If I was a Rich Man'. Roger Lloyd-Pack had a small role in 1984 and also popped up in one of the Harry Potters, which isn't that weird really. Topol starred in the last ever episode of Tales of the Unexpected, oddly enough.

Btw, previous related topics here, here, here and here.

Quote from: DangledTeeth on May 14, 2014, 02:58:27 PMDenis Lill (Alan Parry from Only Fools and Horses) appears briefly in the first Batman film, as a character called Bob the Cartoonist.

Crikey, now that passed me by. Not weird at all, but just thought I'd mention Lill popping up in Blackadder the Third and Blackadder's Christmas Carol.

Sin Agog

Was nice to see Tim Key in Ayoade's wannabe dank Polish sci-fi The Double.  Think Chris Morris is also in that, isn't he?

Dr Rock

Rob out of 14 Iced Bears in Shakespeare In Love.

Dr Rock

Jim Davidson in A Zed & Two Noughts

Oz Oz Alice

Ad Rock from the Beastie Boys was in the Equalizer but sadly I can't find a good clip of it.

ProvanFan

Sgt. Bob Cryer off The Bill in Dunkirk

Mr Banlon

Brundle-Fly

Stephen Lewis AKA 'Blakey' from On The Buses in The Krays (1990)

gmoney

Spike Milligan, Bill Grundy, Rudolph Walker and Jack Smethurst play themselves in the Man About the House film, when it goes a bit meta and ends up in a TV studio.

jenna appleseed

C_Larence

Michael Ontkean (Sheriff Harry Truman from Twin Peaks) in The Descendants. He doesn't have any dialogue iirc

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: icehaven on July 26, 2020, 03:33:49 PM
He turned up as an Eastern European hitman in an episode of The Professionals as well, which was bizarre. It was virtually a cameo too as he was only in the last 5 minutes before he gets killed.
Nah, he appears earlier on too, up to some mischief involving kidnapping some posh girl, all meant as a distraction from his actual mission. At the end, he gets karate chopped in the shower by Gordon Jackson (!)

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Lily Allen is an extra in Elizabeth. She also sings backing vocals in Vindaloo. Also wasn't the drummer from Coldplay (nobody knows his name) in Game of Thrones?

lazyhour

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: lazyhour on July 26, 2020, 08:53:09 PM
Steve Merchant in 24.
Not really a cameo as such, but I did see an episode of that and chuckled at a defense contractor company being called "McLennan-Forster".

Icehaven

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 26, 2020, 08:39:53 PM
Nah, he appears earlier on too, up to some mischief involving kidnapping some posh girl, all meant as a distraction from his actual mission. At the end, he gets karate chopped in the shower by Gordon Jackson (!)

Oh I must have missed the first bit. It was just so perfect that this mysterious shit-hot international assassin they were talking about in hushed tones through the whole episode turned out to be Trigger.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

* Mark Gatiss leaves thread clutching table tennis bat, having enjoyed a jolly good game with Scarlett Johanssen*

This thread seems to crop up on 'ere quite often.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

^ That reminds me. That lad from the Undateables with the... with the face (who later became a continuity announcer on Channel 4) cameoed in Under The Skin with Miss Johansson.

Sebastian Cobb

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 26, 2020, 10:15:02 PM
The film with Sam Rockwell?

Yep, he plays one of the earthbound contacts with Rocko, using exactly the same acting voice he does in his comedy acting ( it could just be his normal voice , I suppose, y'know, like Brian Blessed. Blimey, imagine walking round using that voice all the time, must be quite exhausting).

Sebastian Cobb

i've got the film o bluray and never noticed

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

love spotting Coronation Street alumni in A Touch of Frost and Agatha Christie's Me

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: ProvanFan on July 26, 2020, 06:24:02 PM
Sgt. Bob Cryer off The Bill in Dunkirk

Also starring Helga off Allo Allo, who is Christopher Nolan's aunt.

Blue Jam

Finchy in The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs!

Glebe

Quote from: ProvanFan on July 26, 2020, 06:24:02 PMSgt. Bob Cryer off The Bill in Dunkirk

Good call!

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on July 27, 2020, 12:00:09 AMAlso starring Helga off Allo Allo, who is Christopher Nolan's aunt.

Fuck me, how did that one escaped me?! Crikey. I do know that John "The Apple has fallen very far from the tree, Mr. Wayne" Nolan appears at the end as the blind man handing out apples or summit.

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 27, 2020, 12:41:58 AMFinchy in The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs!

Still not gotten round to watching that, but just to mention that Ralph Ineson also pops up as the bullying redneck boyfriend in Spielberg's Ready Player One.

George White

Quote from: Sin Agog on July 26, 2020, 11:49:48 AM
Too big to be a cameo, but I always find it completely disorienting what a prominent role Trigger has in Fiddler on the Roof.  He pulls very few faces, though.
Ruth Madoc too.
And Ray Lovelock, of Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue

Bruce Forsyth as himself in Magnum, PI
Ernie Wise in Too Close to Comfort - the US version of Keep it in the Family, with Ted Knight.
Leonard Sachs in Jacqueline Susann adap Once Is Not Enough
John Bluthal in Hail Caesar
Charlton Heston in The Two Ronnies Christmas Special 1987 - Pinocchio 2: Killer Doll.

Slightly too big.
Milton Johns as Eichmann in War and Remembrance
David Bamber as Hitler in Valkyrie

There's an 80s HBO Jack Higgins adap - To Kill a King, with the immortal credit, "Adolf Hitler - Fulton Mackay".