Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fuck this forum.

Started by Kryton, July 26, 2020, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilcommiedictator

I was going to post a reply to you earlier, asking about
QuoteWHEN CHILDREN SHOULD BE TAUGHT ABOUT THIS
to which the obvious answer is, "puberty means change, some of you will feel strange, and maybe, some of you feel attracted to the same gender, which is also fine, and other feelings are OK, because life is complicated" to which of course the Nuns beat you afterwards?

This is after the Corbyn-mandated anal-sex lessons of course

wooders1978

I Only joined in 2014 so perhaps I experienced a post toxicity hayday of sorts, but I have to say it definitely used to be more of a laugh round here and certainly more open to discussion on certain topics than these days - the decline started well before COVID but I agree the sharp incline in spiteful and self aggrandising posts has probably got something to do with it

Kryton

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 26, 2020, 02:03:41 PM
I haven't caught up on that thread yet today as I did actually manage to sleep, but I'd say it's a damn shame if you're letting other people ruin this place for you.

"Keep it safe. Keep it neutral." - remember you had that in your profile text? No offence, but this isn't the first time you've got upset at CaB, and hopefully it won't be the last. You've previously found CaB enjoyable by deliberately keeping away from more passionate debates where tempers can and do rise, so maybe try that again after a wee break.

Right sorry, I was a bit hot-headed. Bit stressed with RL shit at the moment (mental health, debt, etc). Just fucking hate people jumping to the wrong conclusions. I shouldn't have made this thread tbh. I'm going to take a break for a few days. Depression and untreated stuff is getting to me, not an excuse, just a reason.

Just hope people understand that not everyone understands certain issues as well as others, this is no excuse to fucking pile on people and slinging defamatory shit - Not everyone who disagrees with certain issues is a Nazi/Tory/Bigot and not everyone understand these things as well as you assume they do. Lots of people making big assumptions of what I have and have not read, and making horrible fucking misquotes and twisting or deliberately being obnoxious.

Neil if you want to delete this thread, please do. Saves me the shame of having to look at it again.

And for those throwing toxic/poison or branding people with childish labels around, I'll just ignore you from now on.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 26, 2020, 02:26:39 PM
I Only joined in 2014 so perhaps I experienced a post toxicity hayday of sorts, but I have to say it definitely used to b3 more of a laugh round here and certainly more open to discussion on certain topics than these days

I think Twit 2 said it yesterday, post-2010 *shit got real*, even more so post-2015.

*real recognise real*

wooders1978

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 26, 2020, 02:28:03 PM
I think Twit 2 said it yesterday, post-2010 *shit got real*, even more so post-2015.

*real recognise real*

You reckon? Perhaps I had thicker skin back then or summat then

Barry Admin

Ok I'll lock it then, cheers Kryton.