Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Movie lines you regularly quote but aren't obvious at all.

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, July 26, 2020, 12:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

I find myself doing Sam Neill's 'DO YOU SEE' line from the end of Event Horizon really frequently, but realised it's actually not even that memorable or relevant. Think I just like Sam Neill quite a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oekpO8ywL9Y 3:40

DrGreggles

How obvious is Robert Stack's "That's just what they'll be expecting us to do" line from Airplane?
I say that a lot.

Dex Sawash

Whenever I see a parent trying to reason with a misbehaving child I quote E Murphy from Beverley Hills Cop "might I suggest using your nightstick officer?"

bgmnts

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on July 26, 2020, 12:46:04 PM
I find myself doing Sam Neill's 'DO YOU SEE' line from the end of Event Horizon really frequently, but realised it's actually not even that memorable or relevant. Think I just like Sam Neill quite a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oekpO8ywL9Y 3:40

Do you see is from Red Dragon iirc.

Ralph Feinnes gets his bum out and says "Do you see?" to Philip Seymour-Hoffman, who is strapped to a comfy chair in his undies.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Sick

Keebleman

Quote from: bgmnts on July 26, 2020, 04:55:56 PM
Do you see is from Red Dragon iirc.

Ralph Feinnes gets his bum out and says "Do you see?" to Philip Seymour-Hoffman, who is strapped to a comfy chair in his undies.

It's definitely in Manhunter.  "Mrs McConnell, after her changing.  Do you see?"  But it could be in Event Horizon too, I mean they are three very common words.  Ludovic Kennedy used to use them all the time.  Oh wait that was Did You See.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Bad Ambassador

I say it all the time, because I run the surgical recovery unit in an eye hospital.

Dropshadow

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 26, 2020, 04:47:39 PM
Whenever I see a parent trying to reason with a misbehaving child I quote E Murphy from Beverley Hills Cop "might I suggest using your nightstick officer?"

Trading Places. Also on that film, if I'm about to board a train with someone I always say, in a Jamaican accent a la Dan Ackroyd "I certainly hope there's enough space on the tray-en for me". Never goes down well. Very strange.

Rizla

Brundle-Fly

Cerys

pigamus

Jerzy Bondov

I say 'BACK, YOU DEVILS!' to my cats all the time and only recently worked out it's from one of those Lord of Rings films.

Brundle-Fly

After forty years I still find myself concernedly saying, "Oo, I dunno though." when I have serious second thoughts about something.

The Khasi's (Kenneth Williams) final line in Carry On Up The Khyber (1968)

Hand Solo

Quote from: pigamus on July 27, 2020, 06:52:40 AM
"We can't trust him, he's so mauve"

That's not right, and the script online is wrong about a lot of the lines so fuck consulting that but I think from memory Withnail offers him a Sherry and he says "Sherry? Oh no no no, I'll be sucked into his trap. He's so mauve, we don't know what he's planning!"

Incidentally, a friend & I (see what I did there?) insert the word 'see?' onto the end of sentences to copy Withnail's 'We're doing a film up here, locations, see?' but probably end up sounding like we're doing James Cagney.

ElTwopo

When I was a kid, every time I walked into the kitchen for breakfast and someone else was there:

"Have you seen Luke this morning?"

magval

Loads.

Anytime I hear "get out of X", like "I need to get out of muddy shoes" something like that, it's immediately followed by "and into a black dress. Tell me doctor. Do you like the circus?" from Batman Forever, which must have got into my head because of the weird lispy dub on Val Kilmer.

Also "of course horse. I was married for fourteen years" which I've half remembered from one of the Hostel films.

Harry Dean Stanton saying "son, you've got a condition" comes up a lot for me to.

Your man from The Thing saying "thanks for thinking about it though", although that might just be something people say generally when someone gives them a quick no.

famethrowa

A Gerard Depardieu line from the fairly forgettable 90s romcom Green Card, which I use after hearing certain kinds of music: "well..... is not Mozart"