Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:36:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Britain's Best (Wild) Animal

Started by Dr Rock, July 26, 2020, 03:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Hedgehog? Badger? A Kingfisher? Everyone has a favourite, I expect. What's yours?

Feel free to add a poll that will be vandalised within minutes.

Icehaven

Bernice

Peregrine Falcon, speedy badman of the rugged rockface.

Wonderful Butternut

bgmnts

The Mallard.

I admire it's purity.

canadagoose

Quote from: icehaven on July 26, 2020, 03:23:17 PM
Scottish Wildcats.
They look like normal cats, which is very confusing. I just want to pet them but they'd just bite me.

I personally like badgers. And foxes. And hedgehogs! There are a lot of good animals. I'd never decide. But badgers used to be a bit of a comedy trope, didn't they? So I'll go with those.

Twonty Gostelow

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I saw an otter for the first time the other day. That was quite a sight to behold. Not quite as magnificent as the humongous bird of prey I saw last year,  though.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 26, 2020, 03:38:12 PM
Bison

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jul/10/wild-bison-to-return-to-uk-kent
This couldn't have come at a worse time for Brummies, with hand washing more important than ever.

notjosh

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 26, 2020, 03:56:08 PM
Alien Big Cats

Hands down. I'm off to the Forest of Dean next week just to have a nosey for them . Can't wait. At the very least I ought to see some wild boar (Britain's second best wild animal).

Sin Agog

I once saw some sort of primordial hairy wild goat thing just outside of Rob Roy's cave.  It was bloody massive, and it had horns the size of my arms.  It even smelt ancient.

Also saw one of the aforementioned Scottish Wildcats on the same walking trip, and a load of Highland Cows atop a climbable waterfall. Dead striking creatures they are.  They look like something from The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.  (Not quite wild, though).

chveik

Non Stop Dancer

Probably the owl man of Mawnan, the dirty old bollocks.

seepage

paruses

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 26, 2020, 04:45:47 PM
This couldn't have come at a worse time for Brummies, with hand washing more important than ever.

I appreciated this even if no-one else did.

BlodwynPig

PlanktonSideburns

Wild boar

They mate faster than you can shoot em, they can inhale a labradour and fart it out as a skeleton seconds later, keep hippies and walkers out of forests,a domain which is frankly none of their business to be fucking round in, and their a source of delicious meat.

We should snatch back all this tedious pasture from the complacent mud monkeys and rewild it and release the boars, have a boar based economy, a nation of fat, constipated huntsmen surrounded by rivers of hairy meat slabs to be plucked for our soups and casseroles at will, as it stands we are as hick farmers trying to grow turnips in an oilfield

ZoyzaSorris

BlodwynPig

Yeh, me too, but limit the killing..or if you must do it, it will be trotter against hand, no weapons allowed. Fight to death.

seepage

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on July 26, 2020, 04:19:17 PM
Got to be red squirrel for me, Clive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DQqfC9lQKQ

Grey squirrels forever. Reds are moody prima donnas. Greys are the friendly, zany buddies who drop into your garden and eat your nuts from your pocket.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 27, 2020, 11:15:59 AM
Grey squirrels forever. Reds are moody prima donnas. Greys are the friendly, zany buddies who drop into your garden and eat your nuts from your pocket.

As you well know, greys are an invasive species from North America who have systematically destroyed the reds for several decades now.

Buelligan

I think I should mention the lovely little dormymouse and the darling weasel.

Buelligan

Jeremy Corbyn will win this, of course, hands down.  They'll drive him off without even a blanket and he'll live on his wits in the back of beyond, like a hunted, hopefully not wounded, beast and emerge, winning this.

Sherringford Hovis

Buelligan

gib

Quote from: seepage on July 27, 2020, 10:57:44 AM
They were in Norfolk in 1983 and out there still I reckon.

They still have them in France but they're all gone from the UK now, sorry.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gib on July 27, 2020, 12:27:49 PM
They still have them in France but they're all gone from the UK now, sorry.

Yes, there are some outside the Volkswagen factory in Wolfsburg, oddly

Buelligan

The have a natural sense of justice and are outraged about the emissions scandal, I understand.