Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:00:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

void tRrLM(); //Void Terrarium

Started by Consignia, July 26, 2020, 09:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consignia

Had a few Nintendo coins expiring last week, so bought this instead of Animal Crossing which people have been nagging me to get.

It's from the creator of htoL#NiQ which I enjoyed on the Vita, despite the controls being really bum. I didn't know much about it, just blind bought it because of that. Although it kind of looks the same as it, it's actually a roguelike with Tamagotchi like gameplay elements.

You play as a robot thing that has to survive in a desolate post apocalyptic world. You come across the last human alive, barely surviving the harsh world and have to build a place for to her to live and nurse her back to health.

I was quite disappointed with the gameplay loop at first. The rougelike elements are tough and there feels little reward. But once you start making progress, it really clicks and becomes addictive. It's very tough going, but persevering pays off as you start learn tactics for dungeon exploring.

The dungeon graphics are very bland, but the terranium home base looks really charming and gives reason to keep playing.

I'm not sure I'd completely recommend this, I certainly wouldn't have bought it knowing it wasn't a puzzle platformer but a rougelike. However for small addictive games, it's really quite fun, and if you feel like a classic rougelike on the Switch it's worth going for. Certainly not one that would get you put on a list, like Omega Labyrinth.