Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:37:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

#NoSafePlaceForJewHate

Started by DrGreggles, July 27, 2020, 10:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

chveik

it's probably not consciously racist but I bet this kind of stuff happens very rarely for white people.

boycott the guardian

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on July 29, 2020, 12:51:48 PM
If the Guardian really just type a search into google for an image

As I understand it, they don't. They pay for access to an image library, such as Getty, who tag the images. It looks like Getty fucked up the name tag for that image. Outsourcing and unconscious racism.

idunnosomename

It happened across other outlets too but for some reason owen jones is the only one whos triggered the fash with their genuine concerns over racism

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 29, 2020, 01:43:59 PM
It happened across other outlets too but for some reason owen jones is the only one whos triggered the fash with their genuine concerns over racism

It happens all the time. Microsoft's AI that automatically aggregates other news sources and paraphrases them did it about someone in Little Mix recently (presumably sourcing a mis-tagged image in the process). Then the Guardian and tech news slowly picked it up, and it started snitching on itself, Microsoft couldn't stop it and had to wait for it to generate articles then delete them, which caused more reports elsewhere, which caused more articles.

Buelligan

It does seem to happen a lot - look at this bizarre offering that came up when I searched for "david baddiel".  Incredible!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 29, 2020, 10:35:28 AM
Maybe "sympathetic" was too strong a word, but reading back I can see what looks like attempts to explain away Wiley's rationale and some vague negative descriptions of what he said, rather than outright denunciation for what it is (apart from Thomas). I know cynicism expressed towards anti-semitism's more vocal opponents is to be expected on here - and is fully merited for the likes of Sugar - but overall the tone I get when it comes to this topic on here could be described as "arsed cigs".
"I was wrong, but...I'm still entirely correct." Not a single person has defended what he said. This thread is now at 5 pages. But apparently we're not bothered.

chveik

maybe you should take a 48 hours break from cab Blinder, you're embarrassing yourself

Barry Admin

It's almost like he's locked himself in an echo chamber.

idunnosomename

he's getting shitted on his replies to be fair

Famous Mortimer

Did any of that tour actually happen before the lockdown? I'd love to know just how wrong-headed it was.

Quote from: Buelligan on July 29, 2020, 01:57:41 PM
It does seem to happen a lot - look at this bizarre offering that came up when I searched for "david baddiel".  Incredible!

That's former West Brom & England centre forward Jeff Astle - though it's referencing Baddiel's 'hilarious' blackface Jason Lee impression

BlodwynPig

Astle had Alzheimers as an excuse

Buelligan

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on July 30, 2020, 05:45:38 AM
That's former West Brom & England centre forward Jeff Astle - though it's referencing Baddiel's 'hilarious' blackface Jason Lee impression

Like I said, image searched "david baddiel".  That was the point.

Cuellar

Imagine a topical sketch show about football, pure desolation.

Quote from: random commenter on the blackface videogood show , in the 90s ,oasis topping the charts , england in euro 96 , thanks for uploading this , jeff astle was legend , like a good laugh , dress up , west brom all time top scorer , good england player , im irish but england had some great players them times , nearly every  team had a great english striker , epl has different vibe now  , three lions on a shirt

HELL ON EARTH

Paul Calf

Fantasy Football League was great. It wasn't a sketch show, and even people who hated football liked it.

Cuellar

Well it looks like a sketch show to ME

I didn't realise Jeff Astle had done a bad racism, is all.  To be fair, at least Astle had an excuse, unlike Baddiel

gilbertharding

Predictably, after the blue tick strike was over:

Cuellar

idunnosomename

Dunno why they cropped his name off. Its some starmer fanboy being creepy

BlodwynPig

Cannot decipher that Thoth

gilbertharding

Some terrible crybully, returning to twitter after being on strike (!), decided to look for people who expressed happiness that a load of awful bigots and racists had been off twitter for 48 hours, and then collected a screenshot of some tweets, headlining it 'look how they talk about jews'.

BlodwynPig

People who post that will be locked up and made to eat tripe most foul for seven weeks under a Blodwyn government.

Can someone who is on Twitter, post that for me to this guy.

Cuellar

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 30, 2020, 01:47:58 PM
Some terrible crybully, returning to twitter after being on strike (!), decided to look for people who expressed happiness that a load of awful bigots and racists had been off twitter for 48 hours, and then collected a screenshot of some tweets, headlining it 'look how they talk about jews'.

Right. What does EM stand for? Is it related?

I'm not old, I just can't keep up.

Sebastian Cobb

lol someone caught francis wheetman liking tweets while on strike and she went mental.

pancreas

How much more banality can these cunts pump out?

king_tubby