Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:29:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

#NoSafePlaceForJewHate

Started by DrGreggles, July 27, 2020, 10:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumblegraws

EDIT: I was way over the line with this post which, pre-edit, accused another user of antisemitism (the bizarre thing Buelligan is referring to below). It was a stupid, rushed judgement. Sorry.

Buelligan

What a bizarre thing to say.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 27, 2020, 04:29:10 PM
I think the protest lasts as long as the tweets were up for.

Quote from: Ben Shapiro @benshapiro
Israelis like to build. Arabs like to bomb crap and live in open sewage. This is not a difficult issue. #settlementsrock
8:06 PM · Sep 27, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/benshapiro/status/25712847277

In that case, #NoSafePlaceForMuslimHate would be more effective.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 27, 2020, 05:59:35 PM
Great...now Tyskie are dedicating a show to this bunch of balls.

They devoted most of a show to conspiracy theories last week. Gotta get them views.

C_Larence

Someone asked me if I was going to stay off twitter for 2 days to stop anti semitism and I said no because all it will do is stop ad money from going to the jews who run the media.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on July 27, 2020, 07:15:56 PM
They devoted most of a show to conspiracy theories last week. Gotta get them views.

Well, they usually have a headline story and move on to other things, so let's see

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

I thought he was in my restaurant last week btw, not even joking.  Nearly ran out and kicked him in the bollocks.

He's a lapsed CofE afaik so it's OK.

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

I'm not a Chelsea fan, pig.  If you don't know that by now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on July 27, 2020, 07:44:14 PM
I'm not a Chelsea fan, pig.  If you don't know that by now.

breaking arses, blowing minds

Buelligan

Thomas

Quote from: Buelligan on July 27, 2020, 04:49:13 PM
I didn't read his tweets but is it possible he's drawing a parallel between the Jewish idea of a right to Palestine and other religious ideas, like Christians killing everyone so's they can put God back in Jerusalem or even Rastafarians believing in zion (which, is a variable concept for them as I understand it and nothing to do with the ME), saying, no one has a right to take someone else's home away just because their magic book tells them they do?  Dunno, didn't read what he wrote but that could be an explanation.

No - I caught his tweets while they were up, and they were pure rambling antisemitism.

Buelligan

Oh, the poor mad bugger.  What an odd thing to do.  Still, there are some very strange people in the world.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Rikvah Brown is worth hearing on Tyskie tonight on this matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DL6GbBYhOM

DrGreggles

Quote from: Buelligan on July 27, 2020, 07:50:04 PM
Who breaks arses?

I once pulled an arse muscle when ten pin bowling.

touchingcloth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 27, 2020, 08:24:13 PM
Rikvah Brown is worth hearing on Tyskie tonight on this matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DL6GbBYhOM

I prefer listening to people on Lech.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 27, 2020, 04:29:10 PM
I wouldn't say they're putting it all on Wiley though? The people are taking aim at Facebook/Twitter themselves for allowing Wiley's tweets to be up for so long - I think the protest lasts as long as the tweets were up for. Wiley's tweets speak for themselves, really.

I gave up Twitter a week or so ago and, while I've replaced some of the time I spent pissing about on it with other distractions, I feel much better. It's a rabbithole of endless echo chambers, a computer game that can never be completed. I would recommend giving it up to everybody!
no but it's a catalyst for them. imagine if david baddiel had gone on a blackface binge. oh wait

Mister Six

Quote from: Buelligan on July 27, 2020, 04:25:04 PM
I think it's worse than that.  Wiley is Corbyn, its a pseudonym

It's worse even than that: Wiley is Corbyn in blackface.

thr0b

I agree with the blackout's aims and what it stands for. I don't think it will make any difference, because that's not how big business works.

I have noticed however that the temporarily quieter Twitter is much less combative in tone of discussion, and I'm seeing a lot more of people I already follow, suggesting they've been drowned out by noisier people. It's a nice change of pace and tone.

dissolute ocelot

Sadly it gives more space in my Twitter feed for people moaning about the council and bins, bins, bins.

Was amused by Lou Sanders tweeting
QuoteNow, where did I put that spunk?
hastily followed by
QuoteAnd I say this in full support of the Jewish community

JesusAndYourBush

About 3 hours ago I saw Wiley's facebook page where he'd spaffed out dozens of semi-coherent posts earlier in the day.  I really can't say more than that as most them didn't make a lot of sense.  His page has since been shut down by facebook.

BlodwynPig

I hope someone is looking after him

jobotic

He was offering to meet Golders Green for a pie and a pint.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on July 28, 2020, 06:03:21 PM
He was offering to meet Golders Green for a pie and a pint.

MC Golders Green?

Blinder Data

What Wiley has been posting is definitely anti-semitic and is unacceptable. I'm glad he's been banned from Facebook/Twitter, not only because of what he said but also because it looks he's not doing so well and social media + mental instability = total shit

It is interesting how sympathetic people in this thread have been towards him. If he wasn't a Corbyn supporter and talked about Muslim conspiracies, I wonder whether people would've been as understanding...

Buelligan

If there's one thing that makes every Corbyn supporter exceptional, it's our exceptional patience.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 28, 2020, 07:41:02 PM
It is interesting how sympathetic people in this thread have been towards him. If he wasn't a Corbyn supporter and talked about Muslim conspiracies, I wonder whether people would've been as understanding...
Not that sympathetic, really. Someone on page 1 said he was clearly mentally ill, then on page 2 he was called vile; and Buelligan did a what-if about him. A good three-quarters of the posts in this thread haven't mentioned him at all. I'm not sure where you think this unwarranted sympathy is coming from.