Author Topic: Lose weight says government.  (Read 2051 times)

Lose weight says government.
« on: July 27, 2020, 02:28:06 PM »
https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/27/overweight-people-told-lose-5lb-save-nhs-100000000-13041685/

I wonder how the many companies profiting off of obesity will take this.

Booze is still alright though. Lose weight but stimulate the economy going to the pub and restaurants as much as you can but lose weight but buy food but lose weight dhdiclvlrleleipljbb

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
Re: Lose weight says government.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 02:37:16 PM »
I lost three stone in 2018, put two stone back on in 2019, but then have lost another stone this year, so I must have saved the NHS millions thanks to my efforts, and now plan to carry on the system forever more. No need to thank me, etc, etc.

Paul Calf

• LOTION MAN
  • Golden Member
  • พระบาทสมเด็จพระวชิรเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัวเป็นคนงี่เง่าของฆาตกร
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 02:37:45 PM »
When all our food comes from America and our labelling laws are disregarded, this will be quietly forgotten.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 02:39:19 PM »
I've lost the better part of 10kg recently and was surpirsed to find that I'm still just about overweight with that. I was quite taken aback at how much fat I'd put on, having spent my teens/early 20s being a bit of a gym rat. Turns out depression and regular heavy drinking will get you in the end.

Has BJ acknolwedged the elephant in the room? By which I mean, his big fat fucking arse. Cunt lost a stone while on an enforced hospital diet and gasping for every breath for a couple of weeks, but you can't tell me he hasn't piled it back on with interest since. I demand access to his Strava, weekly weight updates and a full account of everything he eats.

It does feel like this government is flicking the Vs at the "tch, nanny state" crowd at present, which I'd have thought was a sizeable part of it's electoral coalition. Still, who else are they gonna vote for?

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 03:13:39 PM »
This isn't nanny state over-reach, it's rolling back the smothering folds of the fat state. Fat people could just buy normal food, take it home and stir excess sugar into it and everything would be hunky-dory, but they've taken over the focus-groups and they've insisted all the normal food comes with sugar pre-stirred in. They're not even doing it because they like it, shop-bought pasta sauce is dreadful now, it's like treacle, they're doing it to mark their territory. Integral to fatness is an expansionist mindset, to be fat is to be preoccupied with dominion. Children are just as bad.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 03:17:36 PM »
This latest message from the government ignores that obesity has a variety of causes, and for many people it's not as simple as just saying eat less/exercise more.

Improving mental healthcare in the UK might allow more people to feel well enough to exercise more, but the Tories don't care about people with mental ill health.

How many people comfort eat because of stress? How many people eat unhealthy food because they don't have time to cook properly due to working long hours? This is a complicated issue and I don't trust this government with it.

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 03:24:02 PM »
I'd lost 2 stone this year pre-lockdown.
Then the government closed the gym and FORCED me to stay at home drinking beer and eating takeaways.

IT'S THE TORIES FAULT THAT I'M FAT(ter)!

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 03:37:58 PM »
I put on weight! Ha ha ha, result!

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 03:53:07 PM »
Stones off here, stones on there.  What's going on?  That's not good for you.  Maintain a consistent pot-bellied BMI of 28 like I do.  My secret?  Burgers, wine and the sofa.  Love it.

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 03:57:11 PM »
When I was in my twenties I swore down I'd never be one of those boring old fat cunts who says "I used to be able to drink 24/7, eat pizza every day and never move but could still maintain a weight of under ten stone and now I can't it's so unfair" but here I am. It's true that you end up becoming everything you hate.

BlodwynPig

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 03:58:25 PM »
what you talking about, you look like a rake...or is that why you don't attend meets now?

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 04:17:16 PM »
So do the government want us to die or not? Between this and the old age tax I'm getting mixed messages. Wish they'd make up their minds.

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »
Diet, then die.

Fondest regards,
Boris

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 04:52:38 PM »
When I was in my twenties I swore down I'd never be one of those boring old fat cunts who says "I used to be able to drink 24/7, eat pizza every day and never move but could still maintain a weight of under ten stone and now I can't it's so unfair" but here I am. It's true that you end up becoming everything you hate.

That's when i'm fat and miserable in my 20s, so that doesnt happen to me when I reach dead soon age.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 05:10:05 PM »

And everything I hate too[1].
 1. Not really, of course, I adore you darling but I must have my little joke.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 05:27:51 PM »
I've lost the better part of 10kg recently and was surpirsed to find that I'm still just about overweight with that. I was quite taken aback at how much fat I'd put on, having spent my teens/early 20s being a bit of a gym rat. Turns out depression and regular heavy drinking will get you in the end.

Has BJ acknolwedged the elephant in the room? By which I mean, his big fat fucking arse. Cunt lost a stone while on an enforced hospital diet and gasping for every breath for a couple of weeks, but you can't tell me he hasn't piled it back on with interest since. I demand access to his Strava, weekly weight updates and a full account of everything he eats.

It does feel like this government is flicking the Vs at the "tch, nanny state" crowd at present, which I'd have thought was a sizeable part of it's electoral coalition. Still, who else are they gonna vote for?

Boris looks odds on for a premature heart attack and I don't think this is something to be discouraged.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • Mr Moose is up! It's done done done!
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 05:37:07 PM »
Just lost some weight, what now

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 05:37:58 PM »

Have you washed your hands?

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 05:42:28 PM »
Oh, but the sugar tax worked so well. Nobody lost any weight and all the pop tastes like shit now.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 05:43:50 PM »

lose some weight
|
???
|
profit

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 05:48:43 PM »
So do the government want us to die or not? Between this and the old age tax I'm getting mixed messages. Wish they'd make up their minds.
die but die skinny, you rot/burn quicker

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • Mr Moose is up! It's done done done!
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 05:51:10 PM »

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
The Book of Toss
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »
die but die skinny, you rot/burn quicker

I'm not sure you do.  I have a partially untested theory that the thin ones are like biltong.  Look at all those Egyptians, only the emaciated ones left.

BlodwynPig

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 07:37:49 PM »
That's when i'm fat and miserable in my 20s, so that doesnt happen to me when I reach dead soon age.

I'm at that age. If somehow you get news of my passing, plant a garlic bulb in Cwmbran meadows for me with a plaque reading "RIP Pygge"

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 08:01:54 PM »
I seem to have already lost 5lb during the lockdown, but I was borderline underweight to begin with so I'm not sure what good it's supposed to have done me.

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2020, 08:11:39 PM »
Planning on continuing my program of gain weight just to spite the government (and myself)

Re: The Book of Toss
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2020, 08:12:54 PM »
I'm not sure you do.  I have a partially untested theory that the thin ones are like biltong.  Look at all those Egyptians, only the emaciated ones left.
they were prepped not to rot! though I agree perhaps fat people go up like a roman candle in the crem.

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2020, 08:26:46 PM »
I've lost 4 stone since the start of lockdown so I've lost enough for nine extra people. The first nine responders get my spare loss.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
Re: The Book of Toss
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2020, 09:48:13 PM »
they were prepped not to rot!

All well and good, all well and good BUT the question remains, what happened to the fat ones?

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2020, 10:13:44 PM »
Threads with (when)fullstop(eating) titles

Tags: