Author Topic: Federal forces sent into Portland [split topic]  (Read 1578 times)

Re: Federal forces sent into Portland [split topic]
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »
Haha, his profile has been shared but he's tried to downplay it.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2020, 11:45:25 AM »
Apparently, paramilitary filth broke this guy's arm and hand but he still double-flipped them the bird: https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/status/1284899943535333377 (video)

I'm beginning to suspect all those far-right gun toting nazis have been costumed up and given free reign. Their mannerisms appear less coordinated than a properly trained government thug.

Johnny Yesno

• Perfume of a critic's burning flesh
    • Lines Horizontal
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2020, 06:36:40 PM »
I saw that, Navy vet.

He's used to it. Ship's cats can be quite aggressive.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2020, 02:59:42 PM »
Apparently they're using leaf blowers to fire the tear gas back in the direction it came. Great stuff.

https://twitter.com/AlexMilanTracy/status/1285111993590898688

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2020, 03:59:46 PM »
It’s bizarre. Where is the outrage?

You can’t just put federal agents wherever you like, that violates the 10th amendment. You can’t use them to perform regular domestic law enforcement (unless explicitly invited by the state’s governor) because that violates the Posse Comitatus act. You can’t detain people without explaining who you are, what agency you represent, and why they are being detained because that breaches the 4th amendment, and you definitely can’t do it because someone is protesting (1st amendment).

So even if they weren’t hitting people with batons, they’d be an illegal and unconstitutional occupying force. Why isn’t everyone flipping out over this? This is pretty basic, egregious stuff.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2020, 04:01:14 PM »
I guarantee there's a massive crossover between the people cheering secret police abducting protestors and taking them to undisclosed locations and the people that think masks are authoritarian.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

• Le corpse garlique of Hercule Poirot
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »
It’s bizarre. Where is the outrage?

You can’t just put federal agents wherever you like, that violates the 10th amendment. You can’t use them to perform regular domestic law enforcement (unless explicitly invited by the state’s governor) because that violates the Posse Comitatus act. You can’t detain people without explaining who you are, what agency you represent, and why they are being detained because that breaches the 4th amendment, and you definitely can’t do it because someone is protesting (1st amendment).

So even if they weren’t hitting people with batons, they’d be an illegal and unconstitutional occupying force. Why isn’t everyone flipping out over this? This is pretty basic, egregious stuff.
bEcAuSe ThE pRoTeStErS sHoUlDn'T bE tHeRe

An awful lot of "small government" types are perfectly happy with Daddy Gubmint beating up people they don't like.

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2020, 04:06:02 PM »
meanwhile Raab sits there with Pompeo talking about how awful the CCP  are*

* they are. As well.

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2020, 10:25:52 PM »
bEcAuSe ThE pRoTeStErS sHoUlDn'T bE rioting and looting

An awful lot of "small government" types are perfectly happy with Daddy Gubmint beating up people that are rioting and looting

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2020, 10:26:21 PM »
Military cunts have also been taking protestors off the streets and into unmarked vehicles in Portland. Proper evil gestapo shit. No communication or ID.

fake news

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2020, 10:28:28 PM »
bEcAuSe ThE pRoTeStErS sHoUlDn'T bE tHeRe

An awful lot of "small government" types are perfectly happy with Daddy Gubmint beating up people they don't like.

As long as the federal overreach is only impacting someone else’s rights, that’s totally fine and definitely won’t escalate.

Johnny Yesno

• Lines Horizontal

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2020, 01:38:36 AM »
just ignore him ffs he’s not even trying anymore

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2020, 03:08:59 PM »
another protester murdered in an attack in Austin. tens of thousands on the streets too. seems like it’s all about to kick off again. lot of fires in Seattle.

i reckon if anything is gonna happen it’s gonna be in Portland. the protesters there seem to be doing the best at countering the heavy handed tactics of the feds and that could easily provoke a response, even if it’s just from one frustrated uniformed chud.

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2020, 12:50:39 PM »
One page back, you absolute fuckwit.

"military cunts" "unmarked vehicles"

nothing of the sort - fake news

another protester murdered in an attack in Austin.

are you talking about the LARPer who was armed and found out what happens in Texas if you try to remove someone from their vehicle against their will?

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2020, 07:23:22 PM »
are you talking about the LARPer who was armed and found out what happens in Texas if you try to remove someone from their vehicle against their will?

no i mean the guy who was murdered by two trigger happy morons who drove into a protest intentionally, while blocking his quadruple amputee wheelchair bound partner with his body

even for a fucking scumbag like you that’s fucking low

Johnny Yesno

• Lines Horizontal
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2020, 08:32:58 PM »
"military cunts" "unmarked vehicles"

nothing of the sort - fake news

Right, so you clearly are just on a mission to wind people up. But you're still weapons-grade stupid if you think this is a laugh.

Wonderful Butternut

• Summer Night City!
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2020, 08:40:05 PM »
Sometimes I take my poos out of the toilet and try to put them back up my bum

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2020, 10:06:59 PM »
Bit out of order to sour the reputation of the noble Orangutan with that comparison.

Barry Admin

• Fuck your shit tea
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2020, 10:14:29 PM »
This whole thing is fucking bizarre though. Trump is sending federal forces into places so he can use the footage and say "look, here's the fucking radical left, look at what a shit show it would be if Biden was President", while he is the fucking President.

touchingcloth

• You wanna plack the rick, you ha.
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2020, 10:33:00 PM »
I’ve seen a couple of places say that the Department of Homeland Security have admitted to sending in paramilitary forces...but surely if the DHS is sending them that makes them straight up military?

Wonderful Butternut

• Summer Night City!
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2020, 10:34:31 PM »
This whole thing is fucking bizarre though. Trump is sending federal forces into places so he can use the footage and say "look, here's the fucking radical left, look at what a shit show it would be if Biden was President", while he is the fucking President.

He wants to escalate things to the point of a federal agent dying so he can blame it on BLM and the left for the election.

Unfortunately for him, people protesting unlawful killings don't seem overly interested in killing people.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2020, 10:33:22 AM »

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2020, 11:05:27 AM »
In the late 60s/early 70s, Nixon found that beating up or shooting students played well with the cunts in Middle America. Kent State massacre, Jackson State, the Hard Hat Riots in New York City, that kind of thing. Kill a hippy, get the working classes to hate protestors. Killing black people was also common, but it didn't get on the news. Trump is doing exactly the same thing.

Barry Admin

• Fuck your shit tea

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2020, 06:33:17 AM »
America's only journalist reports from the Portland protests. The final section sums up a lot and is very well-done.

Johnny Yesno

• Lines Horizontal
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2020, 12:36:21 PM »
America's only journalist reports from the Portland protests. The final section sums up a lot and is very well-done.

That really is excellent.

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2020, 02:11:19 PM »
DEY R JUS LIK DA ANTIFASSISTS WHO STORMD THE NORMUNDY BEECHES

https://twitter.com/i/status/1291605805167386624

no i mean the guy who was murdered by two trigger happy morons who drove into a protest intentionally, while blocking his quadruple amputee wheelchair bound partner with his body

got a reputable link for that hot take, little one?

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2020, 03:03:10 PM »
state of it

Tags: