Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:44:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris fucks off facing the nation.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 28, 2020, 10:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Looks like he can't be fucked facing the country now. I suppose in real terms this means he can just lie in bed and sign the papers Cummings brings him.

Sebastian Cobb

Presumably this would be a pay-cut for Kuessenberg.

bgmnts

How many nurses could you get for 100k a year? Four or five?

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 28, 2020, 10:04:37 PM
Presumably this would be a pay-cut for Kuessenberg.

This is the joke we were all racing here to make.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on July 28, 2020, 10:04:53 PM

Yeah but once Covid's over they'd be crap at addressing the nation on the economy and why we're ushering in laws to clamp down on BLM even if there was 5 of them.

Fambo Number Mive

Why couldn't the director of communications do this? Save the public £100,000.

bgmnts

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 28, 2020, 10:06:46 PM
Yeah but once Covid's over they'd be crap at addressing the nation on the economy and why we're ushering in laws to clamp down on BLM even if there was 5 of them.

Well we have a prime minister to do that.

Oh wait he's an absolutely bone-idle, inbred chancer cunt.

He's just an amorphous blob of posh cunt nothing in an ill-fitting suit and a mad scientist wig.

He needs threshering (i.e pouring into a thresher).

Fambo Number Mive

Be interesting to see how Johnson's base spin this "He created another job" or something.

Zetetic

Quote from: bgmnts on July 28, 2020, 10:04:53 PM
About 3, including employer's NI and pension contributions, I think.

Twit 2

Sadness in his eyes.[nb]DC genetically incapable of feeling sadness.[/nb]

Icehaven

Isn't this an American thing? Probably other countries too but I daresay it's the States that gave them the idea.

Buelligan

Well I'm just glad they're concentrating on the really important stuff. 

Beagle 2

Ha, yep that's exactly what bozos are going to say.

It's going to be one of those things I'm convinced is going to be a monumental shooting themselves in the foot PR disaster but will inexplicably have absolutely no bearing on their popularity.

idunnosomename

gawd he is a shite

BONUS (click for STUPID HOOGE)

seepage

Didn't he read Lord of the Rings when he was in bed feeling poorly recently?

Twonty Gostelow

Wasn't this the big Johnson sell?  That he's great at pressers, because his 'charisma' shines through when speaking to journalists & the public directly?  What kind of populist demagogue hands over this stuff to someone else?

It's not like he's recognised as a top notch administrator (too unorganised & not across briefs), great cabinet chair (too lazy, too happy to delegate responsibilities), or grand parliamentary performer (when half your audience won't laugh at your shit gags, then the confidence seeps away & not across briefs).

The Tories will keep him until Brexit is done, then sack him off citing 'ill health'.  I don't believe for a second that the most ruthless party in politics will allow this chancer to sit back, given that he'll never be as popular as he is during his honeymoon period.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on July 29, 2020, 02:07:23 AM
Very funny on HIGNFY in fairness.

No, he was a bore on that too.

Basically, the only thing he's good at is conning people, which in fairness, will get you far. Especially if you're already wealthy.

BlodwynPig

I heard he was good at doing the Bunga Bunga.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 28, 2020, 10:55:51 PM

Sadness in his eyes.[nb]DC genetically incapable of feeling sadness.[/nb]

Bouncer at the second-worst nightclub in Stevenage.

It's certainly an idea borrowed from American Politics. From a Government point of view they'll argue that this frees the PM up to run the Country and not waste time in press conferences, the press secretary will be a mouthpiece direct from the cabinet or something like that. A critic will argue that this is further evidence of Boris being cowardly, and avoiding facing the press (and the people) when things inevitably go to shit over the winter and into the new year post-Brexit.

NoSleep

It means government lies are not uttered by the man in charge in the eyes of the public. A messenger to conveniently shoot.

Blinder Data

If it reduces the amount of anonymous briefings by "sources" than so much the better. It's good to put a face to the name of the government's bullshit instead of it happening in some small secluded room of journalists.

However, it'll make the absurd carousel of spinners and journalists in and out of government more obvious and could produce even more cynicism. "Didn't she used to be on Newsnight? They'll say these days at the right price." etc.

When there's a crisis on, they will be a good watch though

BlodwynPig

The 51st State of the United States of America, Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NoSleep

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 29, 2020, 09:36:44 AM
If it reduces the amount of anonymous briefings by "sources" than so much the better.

It'll be on top of all else. Minus any incriminating words coming directly from the Johnson's mouth.

Butchers Blind

Sent my CV off.  £100k for spouting some bollocks off for half hour a day?  Money for jam.

Blinder Data

Quote from: NoSleep on July 29, 2020, 09:41:00 AM
It'll be on top of all else. Minus any incriminating words coming directly from the Johnson's mouth.

It might also lead to the government doing fewer and fewer statements in Parliament and therefore avoiding scrutiny. Time will tell.

Norton Canes

Is this the first time Boris Johnson has used a prophylactic?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 29, 2020, 10:05:56 AM
Sent my CV off.  £100k for spouting some bollocks off for half hour a day?  Money for jam.

Free cyanide pill when they decide they're done with you too.