Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:16:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Face the facts, you are a sitcom character

Started by Rizla, July 28, 2020, 11:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizla

Face The Facts would be the title of the sitcom about my life!!!

Does anyone else ever feel they are actually a Galton & Simpson fag packet half idea?

I have jumped the shark if that's the case - I've gone too middle class what with my future kitchen and my aioli and poached trout for tea this eve. My character would never do that in real life.

In what ways does YOUR everyday life resemble some half-hearted Shelley spin-off?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I'm one of those hardworking yet powerless office employees with a lousy boss and a headwrecking coworker. My humorous thing is making remarks about "my old man" or "my big hairy son" or "my twelve year old" and then it turns out I'm talking about my dog.

Twonty Gostelow

My daughter really is called Jessica and my wife finds me exasperating.

I have never roller-skated.

ollyboro

My wife has just had a stillborn in a tower block lift.

Twit 2

I am the lord of the scurriers. I have a beetle chariot, which gives me safe passage through a subterranean network of tunnels. One tunnel comes up in my local garden centre, so I can lay eggs in the eyes of the assistant manager, like Pauline Quirke in Birds of a Feather, when she was in Porridge.

Famous Mortimer

A boring guy, but I have all these daydreams...that are also extremely boring.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Robin Askwith  in " Bottle Boys"

Bill Maynard in " Oh No! It's Selwyn Froggit!"

Barry Evans in " Mind Your Language".

Virgo76

My house is haunted by the ghost of an elderly female Jewish stereotype.

dissolute ocelot

Cuellar

Dear John, but it's a continued stasis at the 5m46s point of S01E01.

imitationleather

I am the kerayziest nonce in the building!

Jockice

My trousers fall down just as the vicar enters the room. On a daily basis.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

markburgle

I'm the sarcastic side character who spends most of his time quietly working in the background, pouring occasional withering quips and cynicism over the main character's crazy schemes. In series 4 there's an episode that focuses on my relationship with my dad

thenoise

My wife goes to work while I stay home looking after a baby. So more like an unfunny 80s American daytime sitcom than a Galton/Simpson effort.

dissolute ocelot

neveragain

Every week I get sued by a different multi-national conglomerate.

Tony Tony Tony

PlanktonSideburns

brother got me life size cutout of nick cage for birthday. put it in the window for a bit

me and wife been spending the evening wandering into the livingroom and totally SHITTING IT every time we see the silouette of man in the window

Rizla

Popped into fishmongers intending to purchase clams for spaghetti'n'clams, but no clams to be had. Okay, I'll have some of that salmon instead. "That's actually sea trout", said fishmonger. "Yeah I know, that's what I meant", I said, and bought two fillets, even though as regular viewers know I had trout yesterday. It's still in the fridge, didn't really feel up to a fish meal. Made mushroom soup instead. With anchovies in.

Renwick-tier stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.

Tony Yeboah

I'm a mixture of Gary Strang and Mark Corrigan. But with fewer girlfriends.

petril

a writer knocks off early because there's a scene in which I have access to a police radio

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 29, 2020, 02:03:53 PM
Robin Askwith  in " Bottle Boys"

Bill Maynard in " Oh No! It's Selwyn Froggit!"

Barry Evans in " Mind Your Language".

Hmmm... any equivalents of Anna Bergman and Francoise Pascal in your classes, luv?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Jake Thingray on July 30, 2020, 09:00:02 PM
Hmmm... any equivalents of Anna Bergman and Francoise Pascal in your classes, luv?

Come on, luv, less of that kind of talk, let's lay off the lecherous, and stick to the remit of this thread. I'll be Tony Hancock, you be Sid James, how does that grab you?

Dr Rock

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Dr Rock

Lisa Jesusandmarychain