Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:36:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC scotland does a fuckdozy

Started by Rizla, July 29, 2020, 01:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizla

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCScotlandNews/status/1288092264326221824

Isa from Still Game.  Only an Excuse's Jonathan Watson. The fuck. BBC scotland. The actual fuck. WHY.

DO YOU RECKON IT IS BAD THAT OLD FOLKS HOMES ARE RUN TO MAKE MONEY, CUNTS.

nuke it from orbit

sad piano

psssst ACT!

Malcy

BBC Scotland is a shambles. Got their own channel and 99% of it is absolute shite. Embarassing.

Rizla

it's so unrelentingly, weirdly embarrassingly shite (the channel itself) that it's nearly impossible to believe it isn't a sinister unionist conspiracy. bbc glasgow. i can't stand it.

Sebastian Cobb

I believe what happened was after the indie referendum the BBC was criticised for not having much Scottish reporting outside of reporting Scotland. Mind this was at a time when STV was still ran by Rob Woodward and had a more of a focus on news both on its main channel but also some regional / news discussion stuff on the STV2. The BBC looked at this and put the wheels in motion for BBC Scotland with a much bigger budget than STV2. Which was one of the first things that got the chop when the new CEO took over STV, who has been 'streamlining' news (examples include having journalists film their own segments and that joint Edinburgh/Glasgow news thing) to focus on growth in digital (vod).

From what I can gather The Nine gets appalling ratings.

Malcy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 29, 2020, 02:47:01 PM

From what I can gather The Nine gets appalling ratings.

I'm not surprised. I catch the odd minute or two when it overruns before River City and it is utter shite. The female presenter gives me the fear. Saw a trailer for it the other night and it was really cringey. Trying to be smart with the camera angles but it was just embarrassing.

I think I read that it's had 0 viewers at times. Same thing happened with the news on STV2. Nobody watching.

Biggest problem with the channel is all the shite they make about influencers and social media twats. There's one or two exceptions but the comedy it's put out has been awful as well.

BBC Wales could do with sending someone up to show them how to do regional programming well. I regularly watch stuff on there.

Sebastian Cobb

STV2 was the harmonisation of STV managing to win several 'local' television licences, which came with a requirement to do some local programming, the cheapest bare-minimum way of achieving this was adding some local news bulletins along with the 'Live at Five' one show copycat.

I think it was intended as a way for STV to actually show some homegrown programming, the problem with showing it on the main channel is they can't/don't have the budget to make something that stands to attract more viewers than what's on the national network (ITV) feed. But their budget was so low (possibly £1million, compared to BBC Scotland's 32) they rarely did this, and filled the thing with cheap classic films and archive repeats.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Malcy on July 29, 2020, 03:56:10 PM
I think I read that it's had 0 viewers at times. Same thing happened with the news on STV2. Nobody watching.

It's not literally 0, it's just too small for the ratings measurement to detect. Typical figures for The Nine are around 4000 viewers a night. Which is about the population of Anstruther.

kngen

kngen

Hahaaa! 'Batter in' - that's like three Ford Kiernan characters in one. Amazing.