Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:11:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

School of Rock (2003)

Started by The Mollusk, July 30, 2020, 11:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: JamesTC on August 05, 2020, 09:33:34 PM
I'm currently watching the film Be Kind Rewind and I was initially thinking that it is quite a quaint innocent film much in the same spirit as School of Rock. Then Jack Blacks up.

It was made a few years after so I definitely think it was trying to emulate School of Rock but didn't have the family appeal.

I bought this when I was knackered and fed up as an impulse 'treat' after handing in my dissertation or something and opting for a relaxing night in (I'd been looking forward to being able to get twatted but was just too tired when it came round) where I didn't even have to choose a film to download.

What a pile of shit it was. Hated it.

Blinder Data

Quote from: bgmnts on July 30, 2020, 05:33:57 PM
Yeah pretty great film. 9/10.

All that needs to be said, really. Total crowd pleaser, non-threatening, funny and heartwarming and totally predictable without being twee. Fighting with my Family has a similar vibe.

I loved it when it came out and never want to switch over if I catch it on the telly. I guess Silverman's character is a poorly written buzzkill but I love Joan Cusack in this - her relationship with Dewey creates some great moments.

Gonna go home and watch this. Might dig out some old Datsun CDs to listen to as a warm up. ROCK ON!!!!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 30, 2020, 05:31:16 PMOn another topic, has anyone seen the Black-less Nickelodeon TV series of this? It's a pale shadow of the original with Tony Cavalero (who's now in The Righteous Gemstones) as a genial but less funny lead, and the series is utterly inoffensive and formulaic, but still vaguely watchable if you're hungover.

Yeah, I have.  A friend of mine liked it so I ended up watching most of them too.  There were a few episodes that were painfully eye-rolly, but in the main it was, as you say, a perfectly watchable little show.

I didn't actually see the film until a year after the series finished.  They're different, but both ok.

bomb_dog

'Be Kind Rewind' should have had Adam and Joe doing Toymovies over the tapes rather than the shit the film consisted of.