Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:34:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Burger records cancelled

Started by spaghetamine, July 30, 2020, 12:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaghetamine

Pretty damning stuff has come out about the label that has now self-destructed in light of this, it's fairly staggering how many people have been implicated. Predatory behavior was normalized and even encouraged by the label's management and it seems a lot of vulnerable teenagers were lured into coercive and frequently non-consensual sexual encounters. I shouldn't really be surprised as it seems like every week I'm reading some new disturbing allegation against somebody in an indie band but still, jesus christ.

I used to be a fan of several of the musicians named and even hung out with some of them last year (White Fang) who seemed like pretty chill friendly guys but I am now wondering how different my experience might have been if I were a young woman. A nice memory that's now been soured. Obviously maximum respect to everybody coming forward now.

See the below link for relevant information, obviously a lot of it makes for quite disturbing reading.
https://www.instagram.com/lured_by_burger_records/

The Mollusk

This is brutal. I see Nobunny is among those explicitly linked to the bad shit, has made a big public statement and completely quit music, allegedly. I had been reading some stuff about The Growlers recently but hadn't paid it much attention as I don't really know who they are.

Standardly a bit selfish but I can't help myself from hoping this doesn't extend to the artists whose work I love and respect, such as Black Lips, Thee Oh Sees, Ty Segall, King Khan... some of those musicians are definitely big time party dudes. Eesh.