Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:12:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Microsoft account multiple automatic sync fails

Started by GMTV, July 30, 2020, 02:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMTV

In my main Microsoft account in the security section I notice I keep getting auto syncs failing every so often. Comes from all over the place, but I guess could be a vpn. I've got authenticator setup so hopefully I'm secure for now.

Is that someone making a concerted effort to access my account over a period time, or is it something automated or trivial? And going forward is my email address now freely available and not good for anything sensitive such as bank account details?  Been using the same email address for ages now and it would be a pain to change things over.

GMTV

Really ought to have googled this first... Looks like I'm OK, possibly bots. I changed my password anyway as a precaution.

I'm finding it harder and harder to stay on top of internet security. I think I'll reach an age where I'll probably get scammed... Be as well not bothering saving any money, or stuff it under the bed.

MojoJojo

If you're really worried, you could send me your login details and I'll make sure you're secure.

Sean Ymphs

This website can tell you if your email account has been part of a data breach:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

GMTV

Quote from: MojoJojo on July 31, 2020, 10:40:52 AM
If you're really worried, you could send me your login details and I'll make sure you're secure.

Thanks will send a PM