Author Topic: Oral History of Four Lions Vice Article  (Read 444 times)

Oral History of Four Lions Vice Article
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:33:07 PM »
Morris and the cast/crew spoke to Vice about the making of the film, probably not much new but interesting anyway

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/889dqa/four-lions-making-of-oral-history-trivia?__twitter_impression=true

Thomas

• please describe an encounter with a squirrel
Re: Oral History of Four Lions Vice Article
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 10:41:57 PM »
Always love to hear/read Morris talking about his projects - cheers, Braintree.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 08:10:56 AM »
That's great, thanks for posting.  Plenty of stuff in there I've not come across before, especially from the cast.  I love that they're all so fond of it still at this distance.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

• Oh it's a whole flock of detectives.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 12:02:45 PM »
That was a great read...think I'm going to stick the film on tonight, been bloody ages.

Spiral King

• Ranch or Cool Ranch?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 07:01:30 PM »
Probably compiled from ages of interviews, but nice to have them collected.

Quote from: Nigel Lindsay
There was one scene where it was market day in Sheffield and I was hiding in a white van dressed as a Ninja Turtle, and on action I had to run into this market square and shout at this woman's tomatoes at her greengrocers’ stall – the plot being that I thought her tomatoes had been bugged by the CIA. She was the only person who knew we were filming. I was shitting myself. The cameras were hidden, so all people saw was this six-foot Ninja Turtle running down the street, screaming, “Fuck off!” at these tomatoes. The lady who ran the stall was laughing, so it wasn't usable. Chris told me, for the next take, to go and destroy the stall. I said, “Is it her stall?” “Yeah, it's her stall,” he said. I said, “Are you sure I should destroy it?” Then there was a long pause and he said... “She'll be compensated.” So I went back and smashed it to pieces, and she was so fucking angry. She couldn't believe it. It didn't even end up in the film.

This part, in particular, made me laugh longer and harder than I have in recent memory. Good stuff.

non capisco

• Thistles in me hair and bracken up me anus.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 10:07:14 PM »
Always suspected but I don't think I've ever seen confirmed that it was Riz Ahmed's 'Post 9-11 Blues' video and song that put him on Chris' radar.

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 05:17:35 AM »
Wrecking a woman's tomato stand is it now, Chris? Tchoh.

Tags: