Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Scotchphiles, Unite!

Started by touchingcloth, July 31, 2020, 01:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

I saw the word "Anglophile" earlier, and suddenly realised that while words like Francophile, Sinophile, Lusophile[nb]And -phone in place of -phile.[/nb] are in relatively common usage, I wasn't aware of the same word for Scotland.

But here's the thing: I can't think of a time when I didn't fucking love the Scotch as much as Barry loves to fuck cats. I think alongside New Zealand it's the only national identity which I feel some kind of affinity with. So I googled what the word was and it turns out there isn't really one, but "Caledonophile" or "Caledophile" appear quite prominently, but the latter one has the dubious -dophile suffix made popular by people who love to fuck kids more than Barry (see above).

We should make our own word or sutin.

Do you love Scotland and The Scotch, for example CU Jimmy? Well let's post a wee dram of cheer and gift them a word for us to use about how much we love to fuck them.

Unfortunately the word for a lover of New Zealand's culture is the same as the one for people who love fucking birds and sticking their dick in fruit, so my other love shouldn't be discussed further in this thread.

I am drunk, yes. Because I lurve Scotland.

'Jockophile' sounds like a combination of fun and menacing.  Therefore the perfect fit.

Mrs BB is Scotch.  Haven't checked this with her yet, but will probably be ok.  She loves being called Scotch as it is.

Bronzy

fucking jock cunts

bunch of bloody haggisheads if you ask me

Captain Crunch

Sweatophile. 

Yeah it's great.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 31, 2020, 01:39:01 AM
I saw the word "Anglophile" earlier, and suddenly realised that while words like Francophile, Sinophile, Lusophile[nb]And -phone in place of -phile.[/nb] are in relatively common usage, I wasn't aware of the same word for Scotland.

I looked up lusophile and the first page of google is something called Lusophile Portuguese Home + Lifestyle, don't tell me this is another Qanon target based in Praia de Luz.

steve98

Quote from: Bronzy on July 31, 2020, 07:31:48 AM
fucking jock cunts

bunch of bloody haggisheads if you ask me

My English in-laws call the Scottish branch of the family "The Haggi" (They call our annual Xmas trip South "The Journey Of The Haggi")

Captain Crunch

Wales is pretty sweet too; what would call that, Taffophile?

Bernice

I once heard my dad refer to the people of Scotland as "porridge wogs". I like them though. I grew up holidaying in the countryside in Cumbria (full of weirdos) or Yorkshire (full of miserable cunts) so getting out to the cairngorms is always relatively lovely.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Captain Crunch on July 31, 2020, 07:55:26 AM

Caerphillies

bgmnts

Scotophobia.

I like Limmy and the Glaswegian dialect and that's about it. I need to go to Scotland sometime, I think.

Ferris

I like Scotland a whole lot more than England. It is nicer.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: Captain Crunch on July 31, 2020, 07:55:26 AM

Technically it would be Cambriphiles

SpiderChrist

My Anglo-Asian mate lived in Glasgow for a while and referred to Scottish people as "Porridge Wogs". I was never sure whether to laugh or not.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: SpiderChrist on July 31, 2020, 02:44:34 PM
My Anglo-Asian mate lived in Glasgow for a while and referred to Scottish people as "Porridge Wogs". I was never sure whether to laugh or not.

I've heard this before, I know it's an abhorrent term but it does make me do a guilty lol.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

ollyboro

Is Porridge wogs cancelled?

Rizla

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 31, 2020, 02:12:57 PM
I like Scotland a whole lot more than England. It is nicer.
Depends where you go innit. Don't be fooled by the politics neither.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiTYKjKg73s

Neville Chamberlain

Bit of a Scotchphile here. What are people up on Shetland like? Going there next year!

Rizla

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on July 31, 2020, 03:40:56 PM
Bit of a Scotchphile here. What are people up on Shetland like? Going there next year!
They don't really consider themselves scots for a start. As in they'll say they're going to Scotland, rather than the mainland. Shetland's alright if you like fiddle music but don't like trees.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Rizla on July 31, 2020, 03:49:24 PM
Shetland's alright if you like fiddle music but don't like trees.

That's perfect. I love fiddle music and have always hated trees.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Bernice on July 31, 2020, 08:09:22 AM
I once heard my dad refer to the people of Scotland as "porridge wogs". I like them though. I grew up holidaying in the countryside in Cumbria (full of weirdos) or Yorkshire (full of miserable cunts) so getting out to the cairngorms is always relatively lovely.

Yer Da can gettaefuck mon. and Yorkshire is full of friendly cunts...cunts..but friendly like.

canadagoose

Quote from: Rizla on July 31, 2020, 03:39:17 PM
Depends where you go innit. Don't be fooled by the politics neither.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiTYKjKg73s
No big fan of the SNP as of late but this guy is intensely irritating. Aye cheers sunglasses man Neil Olivering it up to the camera, I'm guessing only anarchism works for this guy? If he's SSP I'll maybe take him seriously. If he's Labour then fucking lol.

Edit: Anyway to answer the topic, I've lived in Scotland 97% of my life and it's starting to irritate me. It's not as progressive as it lets on. But this is probably just lockdown getting to me, and getting way too much of my political input from Twitter.

Rizla

Quote from: canadagoose on July 31, 2020, 04:05:50 PM
No big fan of the SNP as of late but this guy is intensely irritating. Aye cheers sunglasses man Neil Olivering it up to the camera, I'm guessing only anarchism works for this guy? If he's SSP I'll maybe take him seriously. If he's Labour then fucking lol.
Fair do's - he's an auld acquaintance (!) of mine and I happen to enjoy his work but I appreciate he's not for everybody. His Corbyn thing was good, speaking of Neil Olivering it up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnWfgyQlms

canadagoose

Quote from: Rizla on July 31, 2020, 04:18:03 PM
Fair do's - he's an auld acquaintance (!) of mine and I happen to enjoy his work but I appreciate he's not for everybody. His Corbyn thing was good, speaking of Neil Olivering it up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnWfgyQlms
I had a quick skip through it, I guess it's satire? Seems OK, I just wish he wouldn't eNUNCiate those STRESSED SYLLables quite so much. I think because of Neil Oliver I associate it with smugness and now I can't forget the association.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: ollyboro on July 31, 2020, 03:37:51 PM
Is Porridge wogs cancelled?

Craig is, Charlie continues etc.

RenegadeScrew

Quote from: Rizla on July 31, 2020, 03:49:24 PM
They don't really consider themselves scots for a start. As in they'll say they're going to Scotland, rather than the mainland. Shetland's alright if you like fiddle music but don't like trees.

It sounds like a completely unsustainable love of fiddles, especially when you factor in the fire festivals and lack of trees.

I've always thought that the name "Scotchlandshire" is much more fetching than the brusque title the place has now. The inhabitants should also be called "Jockenese".

Scotchlandshirephile does feel a bit clunky though.

ollyboro

The angry cunt I share my life with is a jock. As a result I hear loads of stuff about them. The latest story involved her mother's eighty five year old neighbour. He's had two falls whilst attempting to shower - probably a mixture of age, medication, and acute sexual frustration - he's also very shaky, but he still drives a fucking car. Badly. Typical Scotch.