Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:12:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Scotchphiles, Unite!

Started by touchingcloth, July 31, 2020, 01:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

I am Scottish, I have lived in Scotland all my life and I am in Scotland now but I can tell you that there are no more miserable, wilfully ignorant nor emotionally stunted peoples in all of Christendom.

shiftwork2

They're different.  Bit weird to be honest.  Every time we have a UK meeting in England they turn up wearing Millets gear and stick together.  A nation of wet-through ramblers putting a brave face on it.  I like them and I like Scotland, never had a bad time there.

kngen

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on July 31, 2020, 08:44:25 PM
I am Scottish, I have lived in Scotland all my life and I am in Scotland now but I can tell you that there are no more miserable, wilfully ignorant nor emotionally stunted peoples in all of Christendom.

Well, if you choose to live in Dundee ...

ollyboro

Quote from: kngen on July 31, 2020, 08:53:46 PM
Well, if you choose to live in Dundee ...

Aberdonians are meant to be the biggest cunts in Scotland. About 20 years ago, Radio 5 did a call-in which was basically called Why Is Everybody In Aberdeen a cunt. Genuinely. I can only put it down to having a huge influx of nutters on their way to an oil rig turning up in Aberdeen . Bound to piss the locals off.

Ferris

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: ollyboro on July 31, 2020, 09:22:13 PM
Aberdonians are meant to be the biggest cunts in Scotland. About 20 years ago, Radio 5 did a call-in which was basically called Why Is Everybody In Aberdeen a cunt. Genuinely. I can only put it down to having a huge influx of nutters on their way to an oil rig turning up in Aberdeen . Bound to piss the locals off.

Its the accent eh?

Polymorphia

Isn't it "because" the whole city is made of radioactive stone? Or is that some other place in Scotland?

canadagoose

They absolutely aren't, I lived in Aberdeen for about 6 years and some are a bit mardy but most are really nice. I like visiting there and it feels like my second home. My third home is where I'm from, which is not terrible but is only third because of how I feel like folk stare whenever I go anywhere there, even though I was brought up there for the first 17 years of my life. Small-town attitudes and all that.

edit: It's terrible economically though, it's in a right shitter in terms of jobs and earnings. Not the fault of people there, although they're quite small-c conservative.

Brian Freeze

My favourite scottish person from real life turned out to be Welsh. My hat was proper fucked by that, got the accent down pat and everything.

ollyboro

Quote from: canadagoose on July 31, 2020, 10:41:56 PM
They absolutely aren't, I lived in Aberdeen for about 6 years and some are a bit mardy but most are really nice. I like visiting there and it feels like my second home. My third home is where I'm from, which is not terrible but is only third because of how I feel like folk stare whenever I go anywhere there, even though I was brought up there for the first 17 years of my life. Small-town attitudes and all that.

edit: It's terrible economically though, it's in a right shitter in terms of jobs and earnings. Not the fault of people there, although they're quite small-c conservative.

Hey! Don't shoot the messenger, Sonny Jim. I'm just reporting on a 20 year old Radio 5 show, hosted by Nicky Campbell. An a awful lot of of people called the show and agreed with the sentiment ie Aberdonians are cunts. I've only ever met a couple of dozen  blokes (no  women) from Aberdeen. All cunts mind.

touchingcloth

I've met the Maior of Aberdeen, and he's a wazzock.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I think you'll find the correct term is Caledophile.

Edit: Fuck it. He's already done that one in the opening post.