Author Topic: Scotchphiles, Unite!  (Read 792 times)

Re: Scotchphiles, Unite!
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2020, 08:44:25 PM »
I am Scottish, I have lived in Scotland all my life and I am in Scotland now but I can tell you that there are no more miserable, wilfully ignorant nor emotionally stunted peoples in all of Christendom.

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2020, 08:45:38 PM »
They're different.  Bit weird to be honest.  Every time we have a UK meeting in England they turn up wearing Millets gear and stick together.  A nation of wet-through ramblers putting a brave face on it.  I like them and I like Scotland, never had a bad time there.

kngen

• Fighting sleep's deathlike grip
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2020, 08:53:46 PM »
I am Scottish, I have lived in Scotland all my life and I am in Scotland now but I can tell you that there are no more miserable, wilfully ignorant nor emotionally stunted peoples in all of Christendom.

Well, if you choose to live in Dundee ...

ollyboro

• More pussy than Sinatra
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2020, 09:22:13 PM »
Well, if you choose to live in Dundee ...

Aberdonians are meant to be the biggest cunts in Scotland. About 20 years ago, Radio 5 did a call-in which was basically called Why Is Everybody In Aberdeen a cunt. Genuinely. I can only put it down to having a huge influx of nutters on their way to an oil rig turning up in Aberdeen . Bound to piss the locals off.

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2020, 09:27:44 PM »

Fr.Bigley

• Shall I boil this kettle dry?
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2020, 09:31:18 PM »
Aberdonians are meant to be the biggest cunts in Scotland. About 20 years ago, Radio 5 did a call-in which was basically called Why Is Everybody In Aberdeen a cunt. Genuinely. I can only put it down to having a huge influx of nutters on their way to an oil rig turning up in Aberdeen . Bound to piss the locals off.

Its the accent eh?

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2020, 10:29:50 PM »
Its the accent eh?

You’ve never heard this showcase of the Aberdeen accent’s erotic potential?

https://twitter.com/Chris17_Penman/status/978292225456078848

Polymorphia

• Watch thou for the mutant
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2020, 10:36:40 PM »

Isn't it "because" the whole city is made of radioactive stone? Or is that some other place in Scotland?

canadagoose

• Happy Light Fun with Eggs
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2020, 10:41:56 PM »
They absolutely aren't, I lived in Aberdeen for about 6 years and some are a bit mardy but most are really nice. I like visiting there and it feels like my second home. My third home is where I'm from, which is not terrible but is only third because of how I feel like folk stare whenever I go anywhere there, even though I was brought up there for the first 17 years of my life. Small-town attitudes and all that.

edit: It's terrible economically though, it's in a right shitter in terms of jobs and earnings. Not the fault of people there, although they're quite small-c conservative.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 10:56:14 PM by canadagoose »

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2020, 11:46:34 PM »
My favourite scottish person from real life turned out to be Welsh. My hat was proper fucked by that, got the accent down pat and everything.

ollyboro

• More pussy than Sinatra
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2020, 12:07:10 AM »
They absolutely aren't, I lived in Aberdeen for about 6 years and some are a bit mardy but most are really nice. I like visiting there and it feels like my second home. My third home is where I'm from, which is not terrible but is only third because of how I feel like folk stare whenever I go anywhere there, even though I was brought up there for the first 17 years of my life. Small-town attitudes and all that.

edit: It's terrible economically though, it's in a right shitter in terms of jobs and earnings. Not the fault of people there, although they're quite small-c conservative.

Hey! Don't shoot the messenger, Sonny Jim. I'm just reporting on a 20 year old Radio 5 show, hosted by Nicky Campbell. An a awful lot of of people called the show and agreed with the sentiment ie Aberdonians are cunts. I've only ever met a couple of dozen  blokes (no  women) from Aberdeen. All cunts mind.

touchingcloth

• You wanna plack the rick, you ha.
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2020, 12:26:38 AM »
I've met the Maior of Aberdeen, and he's a wazzock.

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2020, 12:32:49 AM »
I think you'll find the correct term is Caledophile.

Edit: Fuck it. He's already done that one in the opening post.

Tags: