Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:57:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

John Saxon gone, passed-on

Started by AsparagusTrevor, July 31, 2020, 08:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsparagusTrevor

Didn't see a thread for this already - the always-reliable dude whose filmography featured a whopping 82 million films died a few days ago. Most people, especially fans of the horror genre, will have seen him in something, and he always brought a down-to-earth likeability to his characters, even when they were utter bellends.

RIP Nancy's kung-fu fighting, cowboy, cannibal dad.

Shit Good Nose

Breaking out my way-too-short silk dressing gown in tribute.

Egyptian Feast

I was always happy seeing his name pop up in the opening credits. I've seen him in many shit films that he made a little less shit, but in plenty of great ones too, like The Girl Who Knew Too Much, Tenebrae and Cannibal Apocalypse. He's always a welcome presence in Italian genre movies, especially cop thrillers of the 70s. The last film I saw him in was a Maurizio Merli flick called The Cynic, The Rat and The Fist. He was either the cynic or the rat, I can't remember (Merli obviously being the fist), but I'd like to think he was the cynic.

I did a tribute to him in a music video I made a few years back, stitching clips from a bunch of exploitation movies together in a self-indulgent montage. He had his own section in the middle because he was cool as fuck and deserved a spotlight.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on July 31, 2020, 10:13:41 AMI did a tribute to him in a music video I made a few years back, stitching clips from a bunch of exploitation movies together in a self-indulgent montage. He had his own section in the middle because he was cool as fuck and deserved a spotlight.

That sounds cool, is that on Youtube or anywhere watchable?

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on July 31, 2020, 10:17:23 AM
That sounds cool, is that on Youtube or anywhere watchable?

I'll PM you in case it counts as self-promotion.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on July 31, 2020, 10:31:17 AM
I'll PM you in case it counts as self-promotion.

Nice one, cheers.