Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:11:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hoey, Claire Fox, Johnson's brother can now sit in House of Lords

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 31, 2020, 05:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Other people to get peerages include  Ken Clarke and Philip Hammond. Might as well call it the House of Wankers.

Oh, the owner of the Evening Standard and Independent has also been made a peer. I'm sure that won't affect the reporting of those papers in any way.

This country is becoming more like Daily Mail Island every day.

Absorb the anus burn

Yep and Philip May.

How fucking disgusting..... This country sinks further into the slime by the day.

Johnny Yesno

QuoteFrank Field, Ian Austin and John Woodcock, all former Labour MPs and critics of Jeremy Corbyn will receive awards, as will ex-DUP MP Nigel Dodds.

QuoteThe Telegraph reports that Johnson is considering a second list for the autumn to award financial supporters of the Tory party which missed out this time.

Wetherspoon boss Tim Martin is one of those that could feature on the next proposed list.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/boris-johnson-announces-peerages-1-6772161

They are definitely fucking trolling us.

jobotic

All to be expected, Brexiters and those exLabour shitstains get their rewards. Who fucking cares anymore?

Corbyn nominated Watson? What?

jobotic

Gotta feel bad for McNichol and Oldknow though, after all they did for Johnson.

BlodwynPig

*All my posts on CaB concentrated and spat into this thread*

idunnosomename

funny thing is boris is FURIOUS he wasnt allowed to stick a load of tory donors in there so he's going to abolish it

still, ian austin, that absolute ball of pus

idunnosomename

wait wasnt that fred talbot. i get woodcock and redwood mixed up because both are cunts but I think the former is the sex pest for barrow.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 31, 2020, 09:42:27 PM
wait wasnt that fred talbot. i get woodcock and redwood mixed up because both are cunts but I think the former is the sex pest for barrow.

its from a song

pigamus

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 31, 2020, 10:06:11 PM
fuck me. i am a shit for brains, aren't i

no you are not. That Marner fellow, on the other hand.

honeychile

"idunnosomename has got no brain."

"How does he smell?"

"He cannot smell as he has no olfactory bulb. Also, terrible!"

Leo2112

A peerage also for Charles Moore, whose newspaper headlines manage to give those fake Guardian ones a run for their money https://twitter.com/samisam147/status/1289214600165163009

Buelligan

Promoting genuinely partisan and poisonous people.  Claire Fox is utterly poisonous, I would be worried about sitting on the same bus as her, happily for everyone, she probably doesn't use buses that often, if ever, but still.  Promoting her and people of that noxious sort, to positions of power lays plain the direction of travel here.  Even a complete arsehole must see that.

I used to live in the same building as Hoey and spent time alone with her in the lift.  I should have been stronger.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Leo2112 on August 01, 2020, 03:23:02 AM
A peerage also for Charles Moore, whose newspaper headlines manage to give those fake Guardian ones a run for their money https://twitter.com/samisam147/status/1289214600165163009

TEAR IT ALL DOWN

DO IT

D O I TTTTTTT

BlodwynPig

jobotic

Quote from: Buelligan on August 01, 2020, 10:46:17 AM
Promoting genuinely partisan and poisonous people.  Claire Fox is utterly poisonous, I would be worried about sitting on the same bus as her, happily for everyone, she probably doesn't use buses that often, if ever, but still.  Promoting her and people of that noxious sort, to positions of power lays plain the direction of travel here.  Even a complete arsehole must see that.

Yes. But how do we stop it?

These appointments are trolling, shitposting - as well as sticking the far-right libertarians in positions of power. They are laughing at us and saying "so? What are you going to do about it? We have all the power. Christ, we're killing tens of thousands of you and even then there's nothing you can do." It's Gove's bookcase all over again.

And they're right.

idunnosomename

Charles Moore's headshot looks like he's just shit his pants and is going to cry

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just seen the list. Jon Venables is a pretty out there selection but then so is Ian Botham. I hear Maxine Carr has extensive legal experience so that one is a net positive.

BlodwynPig

Tbf, wankers though they undoubtedly are, Clarke & Hammond are former Chancellors - and like former PMs, their 'move upstairs' is par for the course.

Claire Fox is a fucking dingbat though - and Charles Moore is a tiresome, reactionary old bore.  So they'll both be well suited to the HoL.

idunnosomename

Phillip May also gets a knighthood. Not sure if it's putting up with even more Theresa May than the rest of us, or selling bombs to the Saudis so they can fuck up Yemen

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 01, 2020, 12:15:06 PM
Phillip May also gets a knighthood. Not sure if it's putting up with even more Theresa May than the rest of us, or selling bombs to the Saudis so they can fuck up Yemen

It's the first knighthood for a wet drip, so one in the eye to the alpha dawgs from the undermensch.