Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:01:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Songs you think are other songs when they start

Started by TheMonk, August 01, 2020, 01:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMonk

Where The Streets Have No Name- U2/ While You See A Chance- Steve Winwood
Don't Speak- No Doubt/ Breakfast In America- Supertramp

Brundle-Fly

Mansize Rooster - Supergrass
House Of Fun - Madness

Harlem Shuffle - Bob & Earl
Jump Around - House Of Pain.

smudge1971

Beyond Belief - Costello
Birthday - Sugarcubes

My Bag - Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
Cecillia Ann - Pixies

Under Pressure - Bowie and three of Queen plus a man screeching through cock withdrawal
Ice Ice Baby

DrGreggles

Eels - Your Lucky Day In Hell
Abba - Money Money Money

Climbing Up The Walls - Radiohead
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

McChesney Duntz

On Some Faraway Beach - Brian Eno
Still the Same - Bob Seger

The Mollusk

Naming songs alongside the songs they sampled from is cheating surely!

smudge1971

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 02, 2020, 10:15:19 PM
Naming songs alongside the songs they sampled from is cheating surely!
i know I just wanted to vent about how little Mercury contributes and basically attempts to derail a great Bowie lyric and performance with his scat.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: smudge1971 on August 01, 2020, 01:40:44 PM
Under Pressure - Bowie and three of Queen plus a man screeching through cock withdrawal

Quote from: smudge1971 on August 03, 2020, 11:13:31 AM
i know I just wanted to vent about how little Mercury contributes and basically attempts to derail a great Bowie lyric and performance with his scat.

Cock withdrawal... scat... it's funny 'cause he's gay. Yes, I know 'scat' has a dual meaning.

Anyway, I'm not having that. Freddie's contributions to Under Pressure are ace. His full-throated* delivery of "Why can't we give love?" is barnstorming. 

* Stop it.

Fr.Bigley

smudge1971

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 03, 2020, 12:22:41 PM
Cock withdrawal... scat... it's funny 'cause he's gay. Yes, I know 'scat' has a dual meaning.

Anyway, I'm not having that. Freddie's contributions to Under Pressure are ace. His full-throated* delivery of "Why can't we give love?" is barnstorming. 

* Stop it.
Got yourself a little dizzy there, young man. The matter of my use of the jazz term 'scat', which is pretty accurate description of what Mercury does throughout the song, may summon up visions of 'hardsports' to you but i could not possibly comment.

As to what Hardsports has to do with being gay escapes me. Do straight partners not indulge in this practice? Do you equate homosexuality with every outre sexual act? Why does my reference to Mercury's scat-singing lead you immediately to link my comment about a man's sexual yearning for coupling to the practice of defecating on another person?

I'm not sure about the full-throated comment but it seems you may be making a cheeky innuendo to deep-throat fellatio. I cannot stop it. I have yet to start.

wosl

Not another song, but the opening couple of parps of Kings Of Convenience' Singing Softly To Me always makes me think that the Open University programmes are about to start.

purlieu

Every time I'd put on Aurora's The River, my girlfriend started singing Crockett's Theme. I thought she was exaggerating, but it turns out they really are very similar.

Egyptian Feast

'Action!' by Sweet came up on shuffle just now and I thought it was a Cardiacs song for the first few seconds. Now I'm driving myself mad trying to think which one it reminded me of.

Oz Oz Alice

Mr Farenheit

Hitchhike- Rolling Stones. the intro sounds EXACTLY the same as
There She Goes Again- Velvet Underground (actually its the other way round but the VU one is more familiar)

Private Number- William Bell and Judy Clay. The intro always make me think I'm listening to All Along The Watchtower

EOLAN

samadriel

My girlfriend's iphone makes a drawn out "pingggg" that sounds like the start of the Beach Boys' Sloop John B. Quite nice.