Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jarv is

Started by holyzombiejesus, August 01, 2020, 04:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

The tunes just aren't very good.

Cunts was alright, and the b-side One Man Show should have been on there.

I think the second record is better, but it's still nothing very memorable. I could probably hum two of the songs, at a push

Which is why This Is Hardcore is 4 million times better. Stephen Hawking agreed, before he died

sutin

Quote from: Shameless Custard on August 05, 2020, 06:37:31 PM
The tunes just aren't very good.

Cunts was alright, and the b-side One Man Show should have been on there.

I think the second record is better, but it's still nothing very memorable. I could probably hum two of the songs, at a push

Which is why This Is Hardcore is 4 million times better. Stephen Hawking agreed, before he died

Cunts is the worst track on it, which is why it's hidden at the end.

One Man Show is great but it's still not as good as anything on the album.

Heavy Weather, From A To I, Fat Children and Tonite are all better than anything on This Is Hardcore.

Custard

NO WAY SUTIN

NO WAYYYY

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

This guy must be a alien.

JohnnyCouncil

Quote from: sutin on August 02, 2020, 11:12:21 AM
His 'N' Hers > Separations > Different Class > We Love Life > This Is Hardcore > Freaks > It

Jarvis (2006) > Beyond The Pale > Further Complications >>> Room 29

I think i mostly agree with this. Harcore has some excellent highs (particularly vinyl only The Professional) but it's a hell of a slog through.

sutin

Quote from: JohnnyCouncil on August 06, 2020, 08:55:01 PM
I think i mostly agree with this. Harcore has some excellent highs (particularly vinyl only The Professional) but it's a hell of a slog through.

Slog is the right word. I can't imagine sitting down to listen to the whole thing, and I haven't done in years.

sutin

Just had A Little Soul on and my God, that was an awful single choice. It's such a bland, nothing song.

JohnnyCouncil

New album is fantastic though and the band are excellent. A few people have mentioned Relaxed Muscle which was a supurb album.

JohnnyCouncil

A little Soul has grown on me over the years from my initial 'is this Phil Collins' opinion.

16 year old me had not heard Phil Collins but it worked as an insult.