Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:10:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

real or fake?

Started by Head Gardener, August 01, 2020, 05:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

the BIG debate!

I dunno, it certainly looks real but it's not GTA, anyone know for sure?

Bazooka

Shadows are off the charts.

QDRPHNC

Looks fake, the "shaky" camerawork is really calling attention to itself.

shiftwork2

I don't know for sure.  But if it's real 1) it's very lucky someone was filming a ring road so close up 2) the manoeuvre of the Land Rover (or whatever) prior to hitting the transporter would take some explaining 3) the skid marks may be real but appear very uniform and crayon-like 4) the Land Rover must have a very strange centre of gravity not to flip and topple on the other carriageway and 5) the Land Rover is fitted with a 10 litre engine to pull away like that.

Concluding: balls mate.

Wonderful Butternut

Malcy

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 01, 2020, 05:45:22 PM
Looks fake, the "shaky" camerawork is really calling attention to itself.

Could be someone filming CCTV on a screen. Seen a few of those with the same shaky zoom ins.

Dex Sawash

As someone who drives other people's cars every day I say with confidence you can't leave brake skidmarks* like that police Volvo put down.

Edit- not a Copvo is it. Still not real.

*Edit Edit with a car under 10 years old that has antilock brakes and stability contol

Alberon

That's not a camera recording another screen, the skid marks look shit as fuck and the car going the other way doesn't react in the slightest.

Rizla

someone please put kerry godliman's face in place of the landy plz thx

Endicott

That black Jeep or whatever it is doesn't land right. It would have rolled for sure.

Shit Good Nose

Probs from a film or TV show.

Thursday

How much of it is fake though, what would the original footage look like? What were they filming?

Mr Banlon

Skidmarks look like they're done with the MS Paint spray tool.

Captain Z

Absolutely no way the offside wishbones (rods that support the suspension and wheels) would have withstood both the impact and rapid deceleration upon landing. They would have buckled completely.

Shit Good Nose

Is there techno music playing over it?

Dex Sawash

MB G-unit isn't it?

My batbuzby signal signal image is on my busted phone.

The SUV seems to have a yellow front number plate, which you're not allowed to have in the UK (yellow is for the back, white for the front, so that you can tell whether a vehicle in the distance is coming towards you or away from you, particularly at night)[nb]A factoid worthy of Alan Partridge or Top Gear magazine, I'm sure you'll agree[/nb]).

Could, in theory, be a foreign car on a UK, but it looks fake as hell, so it's probably been pasted in from elsewhere.

Alberon

There's no damage to the back of the car carrier and the headlights of the Land Rover look strange.

Bazooka

Quote from: Alberon on August 01, 2020, 07:42:56 PM
There's no damage to the back of the car carrier and the headlights of the Land Rover look strange.

That's because its Brum with a paint job.

Lord Mandrake

Skidmarks are ok but where's the smoke and debris? Also, no way the Jeep works after that. Police car & jeep 100% cg

Edit, pursuit car way too close to the jeep and careening straight toward the flat bed lorry.

popcorn

It is very obviously very fake

Head Gardener

Cuellar

Head Gardener

Cloud

The first part where it flips to the other carriageway seems plausible, but the bit where it whizzes off in the opposite direction is comically fake

popcorn

Quote from: Head Gardener on August 01, 2020, 09:36:34 PM
or is it?

well now you've got me guessing....................

gib

in the reversed gif you can see that the jumping car barely contacts the truck

touchingcloth

Brian Freeze

Which force is it with jam butties like that?

Cuellar

Quote from: gib on August 01, 2020, 10:35:32 PM
in the reversed gif you can see that the jumping car barely contacts the truck

And the trailer doesn't even move when the 4x4 flips off it.