Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

real or fake?

Started by Head Gardener, August 01, 2020, 05:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Captain Z on August 01, 2020, 06:47:16 PM
Absolutely no way the offside wishbones (rods that support the suspension and wheels) would have withstood both the impact and rapid deceleration upon landing. They would have buckled completely.
Yep, was on my way to say a version of this. I had a much milder accident in a jeep (didn't become airborne but did skid across the road to end up in a ditch, still on its tyres) and it was rendered undriveable. When I got over the shock and had a proper look at it in the garage, one side was lower than the other. The jeep in the gif clearly lands heavily on one corner. It'd be fucked.

Annie Labuntur

Yeah, police car too close and wouldn't have been able to brake so quickly at that speed. Driver of oncoming car doesn't brake or even swerve to avoid the bad man's vehicle careening towards it, and just continues driving at the same speed after the crash as if oblivious.

Head Gardener, most of the stuff you post in the GIFs thread is fake too.  BAM!

popcorn

The jeep and the police car look obviously mega-fake to me to the extent that I don't really know why there's a debate. They have that uncanny fake-shadowy thing going on.

idunnosomename

i think three separate bits of it are real, in a sense

imitationleather

I asked Baudrillard and he says this definitely happened.

Cerys

Kelvin

Quote from: Cerys on August 02, 2020, 03:21:03 AM
Real.

I'm on my phone, so can't easily put this in the 'Last cab post that made you Lol' thread, but rest assured, after two pages of people dismantling that gif, your enthusiastic response really made me laugh.

Icehaven

I can confirm it's genuine because I WAS DRIVING THE 4X4.

imitationleather

Quote from: icehaven on August 02, 2020, 04:04:21 AM
I can confirm it's genuine because I WAS DRIVING THE 4X4.

You were driving the sixteen?

I'm not one of the maths twats but this just asks more questions.

Icehaven

Quote from: imitationleather on August 02, 2020, 04:34:05 AM
You were driving the sixteen?

I'm not one of the maths twats but this just asks more questions.

It's because it's 16 that it didn't fall over, that's how I got away. Do keep up.

Cerys

Quote from: Kelvin on August 02, 2020, 03:31:04 AM
I'm on my phone, so can't easily put this in the 'Last cab post that made you Lol' thread, but rest assured, after two pages of people dismantling that gif, your enthusiastic response really made me laugh.

We aim to please :D

Bently Sheds

I don't think F1 cars can accelerate that quickly, let alone some cuntmobile like that 4x4. Deffo fake.

Lord Mandrake

Respect to whomever made it though, the motion blur is really convincing I just think its a shame they didn't add tyre smoke and maybe a few sparks which would help mask the uncanny shadows etc..

lazyhour

They're real, and they're spectacular.

Malcy

buzby

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 01, 2020, 07:33:47 PM
MB G-unit isn't it?

My batbuzby signal signal image is on my busted phone.
Yes, it's Mercedes Genz G-Wagen, specifically a 2019 G55 AMG with the 'Halo' LED headlamps. If it was real, that is. The yellow front number plate would place it as either from Holland, Denmark or Luxembourg. if it was real.

The police car is a second-generation Skoda Octavia, but in a fictional UK Police 'Battenburg' livery (blue roof with no aerial ID markings and no Hi Viz chevrons on the boot) and a bad attempt at a UK numberplate. As previously stated upthread, the skidmarks it leaves from the rear tyres are unrealistic - the ABS system acts on all 4 wheels, so the rears would not lock up. ABS does still leave skidmarks, but they are in a 'dash' pattern as the ABS system rapidly locks and unlocks the brakes once it detects them skidding under heavy braking

Both the G55 and the Octavia police car are popular downloadable mods for GTA5.

The car transporter has no rear plate, which would be illegal, if it was real.

As the G-Wagen lifts off from the car transporter, the suspension droops is a semi-realistic way from the rebound of being compressed. However, it would then have clipped through the fence on the central reservation, so the animator then compresses the passenger side suspension again to make it look like it 'rides' over the fence rather than going through it. In real life the 2.5 ton weight of the G-Wagen would have just gone through the fence, not float gently over it. Similarly, as it lands with all it's weight on the outer edge of the passenger side back wheel, the rim would have buckled or at least blown out the tyre, let alone damaged the suspension
Quote from: Bently Sheds on August 02, 2020, 08:56:23 AM
I don't think F1 cars can accelerate that quickly, let alone some cuntmobile like that 4x4. Deffo fake.
The G55 AMG can do 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds. It is not slow, despite weighing as much as a house.

The only part of the clip that is real is the footage of the dual carriageway and the cars on the other side of the road, which looksl ike it was filmed from a tripod-mounted camera on the pedestrian bridge that you can see the walkway of at the end. The silver Kia Cee'd that is driving towards the flying G-Wagen makes no attempt at changing it's course or swerving, as the driver wasn't seeing anything.

The full clip has the creator's watermark on it at the end - 2NCS. He is a amateur car CG artist (placing CG cars in real locations) who posts his creations on Instagram and Youtube. This clip is his latest effort. He was also responsible for the Ferrari under the truck clip that went viral about a year ago.

EDIT: Malcy has posted his 'making of' video that confirms the above while I was typing it all out.

El Unicornio, mang

Fake, but well done, and pretty amazing that people can make stuff like this on their laptops with free software like Unreal Engine, when not that many years it would involve actually spending days/millions setting up and filming the scene or spending similar to make a CGI version which would look a lot more fake than this one.

popcorn

popcorn_private_tape_LEAK_mp4_uncut_16gb.vid

real or fake?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: popcorn on August 04, 2020, 11:51:46 AM
popcorn_private_tape_LEAK_mp4_uncut_16gb.vid

real or fake?

Don't copy that link people - it's just a hi-res photo of popcorn spreading his arse cheeks and exposing his rectum.  If you zoom right in you can catch a glimpse of sweetcorn.

Annie Labuntur

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 04, 2020, 11:57:16 AMIf you zoom right in you can catch a glimpse of sweetcorn.
Cute name for a gerbil.