Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cambridge Meet Saturday 22nd August

Started by Twit 2, August 01, 2020, 07:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

shiftwork2

I have my slacks pressed.  Are you setting fire to the Earl Of Beaconsfield at 2pm?

edit: it opened this weekend but there are no clues as to whether they could accommodate a load of 'households', please advise.  Worst case would be parker's piece?

castro diaz

Lads,

I've spoken to mum and she says she'll let me out of the utility room for this.  Never been to Cambridge before so I'm looking forward to spitting on ambitious people.  I assume Pancreas will pay for everything (booze, lodging, lawyers) with his gold card/Masonic handshake.  If he doesn't then what about cans on a roundabout all afternoon?

BANGFACEWEEKENDER

Twit 2

Absolute fuckdown. One of the participants will get eaten. Pancreas is bringing a big box full of cornflour for everyone to fart in, to "See what artistic impressions will be made on it."

pancreas

Quote from: castro diaz on August 02, 2020, 01:53:38 PM
Lads,

I've spoken to mum and she says she'll let me out of the utility room for this.  Never been to Cambridge before so I'm looking forward to spitting on ambitious people.  I assume Pancreas will pay for everything (booze, lodging, lawyers) with his gold card/Masonic handshake.  If he doesn't then what about cans on a roundabout all afternoon?

BANGFACEWEEKENDER

If King's College opens up in the next few weeks (unlikely) then I can give you a tour.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

DrGreggles

Might need to have a timetable and book ahead - especially if we want to go somewhere half-decent.

Luckily schedules are fun!

BlodwynPig

Twit 2

idunnosomename

i thought it said 2nd of august just as well im not sat in the mill nursing a pint

Twit 2

Bump because this is this week.

2pm Cambridge Blue

(Ignore the thing about max stay 2 hours. We can stay as long as we like. Don't ask Janie what she had to do to get this favour. Just don't ask.)

Definitely coming:

Twit 2
Janie Jones
pancreas
castro diaz
shiftwork2
Dr Greggles

Maybe:

Angrew
madhair
midnight watch baboon
MojoJojo

If I have put you in the wrong category of comingness please advise that you are definitely coming.

BlodwynPig

I'm in, but not getting public transport so will be hiking. setting off soon

Twit 2

the midnight watch baboon

shiftwork2

Where is crabwalk in all this?  Come on sunshine.

Twit 2

Quote from: the midnight watch baboon on August 17, 2020, 10:56:49 AM
Maybe me. I am localish (Roystonia)

Thank you for definitely coming. Blodwyn is walking from Newcastle ffs. Royston = mandatory attendance.

DrGreggles

Twit 2

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cambridge is difficult and expensive to reach from Leeds. Probably explains why I have never been there since I was an adult. I can see a way of getting back to Leeds but I'd be leaving about 8.55pm just to get back to Leeds for after midnight or something stupid. What a shitearse country.

Not making any commitments about attending yet but what time will this start? I don't want to find it starts at 5pm then i have to leave at 8.30 for the station. From experience these things tend to go very very quickly.

poo

Any chance this could be closer to Blaengarw?

Twit 2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 17, 2020, 12:26:15 PM
Cambridge is difficult and expensive to reach from Leeds. Probably explains why I have never been there since I was an adult. I can see a way of getting back to Leeds but I'd be leaving about 8.55pm just to get back to Leeds for after midnight or something stupid. What a shitearse country.

Not making any commitments about attending yet but what time will this start? I don't want to find it starts at 5pm then i have to leave at 8.30 for the station. From experience these things tend to go very very quickly.

2pm start. Would be great to see you, but I understand the trains are a ball ache.

MojoJojo

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 17, 2020, 12:29:46 PM
2pm start. Would be great to see you, but I understand the trains are a ball ache.

Yeh, it might even tempt me to thumb a lift with the Pancreatic if Shoulders and you get to face off.

Twit 2

Our combined baldness would rupture space-time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ok, I have bought train tickets for this Superspreader anti-mask meet. Ruptures likely.

Unfortunately I did so in between receiving PMs from nice people offering a lift and also to 'get pissed', which I already assumed would be going on.

Long and short is, I'll arrive about 3 and leave about half 8, barely seeing any of Cambridge's culture or surroundings, then leave feeling unwell and considerably poorer, as per the time honoured Cambridgeshire toll.

Twit 2

pancreas

Twit 2

Angrew and madhair - are you coming to this, then? Need you on the deffo list really.

Shoulders?-Stomach!