Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bottled Water

Started by bgmnts, August 01, 2020, 07:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Been buying bottles of water the past few weeks as I've no drinking water at home thanks to our ongoing renovations. Enjoying seeing the disparity between something like Evian for a quid fifty a bottle and Asda Smartprice for 17p. Imagine being so much of a poseur that you're paying over a quid's premium for a pretty label on something as basic as water.

The best water I ever had was on a holiday in Lynton in Devon. So soft, with a slightly sweet taste. Coming from Bournemouth, with a water hardness close to concrete, it was heaven. Loved it to the point that we were eschewing booze and soft drinks when we were out just to get some more of that sweet, sweet tap water.

earl_sleek

I always wondered why bottled water has a chemical taste to me and assumed it was the plastic, but this thread has prompted me to google it and apparently most bottled water is soft. I've lived in Bedfordshire all my life, drinking water so hard it makes Chuck Norris look like Woody Allen, so presumably that's it.

KennyMonster

Quote from: earl_sleek on August 03, 2020, 11:37:15 AM
I always wondered why bottled water has a chemical taste to me and assumed it was the plastic, but this thread has prompted me to google it and apparently most bottled water is soft. I've lived in Bedfordshire all my life, drinking water so hard it makes Chuck Norris look like Woody Allen, so presumably that's it.

Yeah I'm in Bedfordshire too.

The water hardness scale goes up to 30 and ours measures about 27.

We have a water softener here and it works wonders but you should still only drink from the mains water.

UK water, hard or soft is perfectly fine to drink and its ridiculous to choose to drink bottled water here (unless there are supply issues obvs).

shiftwork2

Reintroduction of napalm please, to drop on the water sommelier.

Alright cheers

touchingcloth

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 03, 2020, 08:41:20 PM
Reintroduction of napalm please, to drop on the water sommelier.

Alright cheers

Napalm's too good for him. Pop him on a ducking stool and Badoit him to fuck. Or recreate the No Surprises video in Smart Water, but as well as no alarms or no surprises there's also no drain. Violence.

shiftwork2

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: wooders1978 on August 03, 2020, 08:29:58 PM
https://www.martin-riese.com/

Water sommelier alert!

I cant believe I live in a world where this sort of thing is real...

QuoteWinner of the World's Best Water Award, Beverly Hills 9OH2O was specially designed to embody the glamour, style, and vitality of Beverly Hills. Pristine spring water from the Northern California mountains is combined with carefully selected natural minerals to create a silky smooth taste and an exceptional alkaline, electrolyte-rich health profile. The stunning sapphire blue and gold bottle is made from the highest-quality BPA-free PET, it is 100% recyclable, and it was designed to block UV light in order to protect the award-winning crafted water.

Tony Tony Tony