Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,485
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:32:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Senior Tory MP' in Rape Arrest

Started by Blumf, August 01, 2020, 10:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 03, 2020, 09:36:45 AM
It looks like twitter has disappeared Mark Francis from trending.

Ooooh crumbs.

jobotic

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on August 03, 2020, 02:10:21 PM
Bozza just wanting to help another love rat out eh?
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/03/cabinet-minister-lobbied-boris-johnson-help-charlie-elphicke

Any suggestion that the Conservative Party don't take these things seriously and aims to do the right thing is purely troublemaking by bitter leftists.

Alberon

Why are they trying to keep this secret when it is bound to get out, if it hasn't already?

The best approach would have been to get the potential rapist to voluntarily surrender the whip until a decision is made on charging. It is unfair he'll be forced to go public before getting charged (assuming he is) but he's in politics.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Alberon on August 03, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
Why are they trying to keep this secret when it is bound to get out, if it hasn't already?
To protect the victim?

To avoid prejudicing a jury?

idunnosomename

from what I understand (not much) the accuser is not against him being named. and there's nothing in law stopping naming of someone arrested if it's in the public interest. there is quite a bit of a political dimension to this. anyway will find out soon I guess

Hand Solo

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 03, 2020, 11:55:31 PM
from what I understand (not much) the accuser is not against him being named. and there's nothing in law stopping naming of someone arrested if it's in the public interest.

What if it was deemed not in the public interest, like it would cause nationwide despair and mass suicides realising such a beloved public figure was in fact a vicious rapist? Asking for a friend.

Jittlebags

Are there any injunctions in place here? If I know who it is can I name him?

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Jittlebags on August 04, 2020, 02:01:06 AM

Say what now? Do you actually?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Jittlebags on August 04, 2020, 02:01:06 AM

There no injunction and (based on searching for 9 seconds on Twitter) plenty of people are naming him.
That he's been arrested is a fact, rather than speculation, so legally there would be no issue.

"Ian Tory-MP is assisting the police in their enquiries" is the go-to phrase, isn't it?

Donnas Cakes

Quote from: Cuellar on August 01, 2020, 10:35:35 PM
Charlie Elphicke just went down for various sex pesting, this must be a new one.

Three Up Two Down CANCELLED.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Alberon on August 03, 2020, 02:19:44 PM

The best approach would have been to get the potential rapist to voluntarily surrender the whip until a decision is made on charging. It is unfair he'll be forced to go public before getting charged (assuming he is) but he's in politics.

The victim asked when the whip was removed and the chief whip gave conflicting answers - ultimately landing on "if found guilty". Pathetic. Criminal. Demeaning. A threat the Britain. RIOTS.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 04, 2020, 07:11:13 AM
There no injunction and (based on searching for 9 seconds on Twitter) plenty of people are naming him.
That he's been arrested is a fact, rather than speculation, so legally there would be no issue.

"Ian Tory-MP is assisting the police in their enquiries" is the go-to phrase, isn't it?

so spill the beans, obviously a minor person if you are not hyperventilating with joy.

DrGreggles

Well, I don't know if 'Ian Tory-MP' IS the person in question, so I couldn't say for certain that he was the one arrested.
But, if someone did know, there's no legal reason why they couldn't say so.

BlodwynPig

dissolute ocelot

There's no many senior ex-MPs who've not just been nominated for the peerage, how hard can it be to guess wildly?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 04, 2020, 10:23:35 AM
There's no many senior ex-MPs who've not just been nominated for the peerage, how hard can it be to guess wildly?

they are a sitting MP. Hence calls for whip to be withdrawn

vainsharpdad

So you lose the whip for voting against Brexit deals, but not for being a bit rapey?

Seems fair.

jobotic

BlodwynPig

Talking about miscarriages of justice

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-53694012

QuoteThe court heard the category A film - the most serious there is - was accessed by Joyce between August 2013 and November 2018.
It featured what appeared to be seven different children, aged between 12 months and seven years.

QuoteThe judge said Joyce had "sought help" and there was evidence he had been able to "reduce, perhaps completely" his "impulsive behaviour".

you mean, 7 years is now his cut-off.

8 months suspended sentence!

idunnosomename

that fucker should be drowned in his own piss

bgmnts

QuoteGrayling had been promised the job of chair by Boris Johnson only to fall victim in July to an ambush

Fuckin' mug.

honeychile

It's a source of profound disappointment to me that Grayling's name has been able to become associated with incompetent nincompoopery rather than the outright evil which accompanies said incompetent nincompoopery.

Jittlebags

So the House returns in a couple of days. Who is going to missing, or is going to look particularly shifty ?