Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:52:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'Up above the streets and houses' Flight Simulator 2020.

Started by mobias, August 02, 2020, 08:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

Trying to enjoy a sunny flight over Northern Tuscany this afternoon. Experiencing sub optimal flying conditions though.

poo

Stevens Village, Alaska. Fucking hell this landscape is immense. Traversing it in a virtual 80mph plane really does give you a sense of the enormity. Just love this so much.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

mobias

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 11, 2020, 09:49:28 PM
Your fireplace looks peculiar, mobias

I pride myself with the peculiarity of my fireplace Shoulders. Its why I moved in here.

El Unicornio, mang

Beautiful cats. Would watch a stream of you playing the game while your cats get in the way.

mobias

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on September 12, 2020, 02:06:44 PM
Beautiful cats. Would watch a stream of you playing the game while your cats get in the way.

I think a gaming and cats streaming channel is a great idea but sadly I know that as soon as I set the camera up they'd all bugger off.

Uncle TechTip

I wonder how cheaply you could pick up two more smaller TVs, maybe with broken sound or a minor screen flaw. One either side, Windows split screen settings, the full Krypton Factor experience.

QDRPHNC

Could one of you go to downtown Toronto, then just bomb along Queen Street going east at low altitude? Cheers. Once you get to the RC Harris Filtration Plant, dive into the lake.

QDRPHNC

I'd never heard of General Sam before, but I watched this video YT suggested because I thought it was going to be typical contrarian cuntery, but actually I found it kind of endearing because General Sam is such a sad sack.

mobias

I can't wait until they introduce online ATC. This clip of online X Plane ATC is superb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeC0ZTT8n7E&t=69s

People taking it really seriously.

poo

poo

Intstalled the patch and whacked graphics settings up to high end. Looks insanely good now.

mobias

Definitely getting better performance after installing the patch. The big aircraft are still a bitch though. I did a Heathrow to Paris Charles to Gaul flight last night with way points in the A320 and was getting a whopping 15fps whilst landing at Paris. Won't be trying that again until I get a better graphics card.

Load times are much improved though.

poo

batwings

Quote from: poo on September 17, 2020, 09:44:20 AM
What software are you using to get a FPS reading?

Enable developer mode in the options then select show FPS from the dev menu bar at top of screen when in flight.

mobias

Quite like the look of this air passenger simulator thats currently in development. If you were doing a long haul flight in FS2020 it would be pretty cool to have his going on a second monitor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4CrH9DeGWE

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mobias on September 27, 2020, 07:56:29 PM
Quite like the look of this air passenger simulator thats currently in development. If you were doing a long haul flight in FS2020 it would be pretty cool to have his going on a second monitor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4CrH9DeGWE

"a few rough patches"

*cold sweats*

mobias

As I've been getting more confident with my flying skills I've started doing full short haul flights within the UK with the Airbus A380. This evening I flew from London Heathrow to Edinburgh. Flight time 1 hour 10minutes. Might have been a bit shorter if I didn't have to constantly fend off a cat wanting to sit on my lap. Such are the difficulties of being a virtual airline pilot.

Take off from Heathrow. Busy skies. Loads of virtual pilots tonight. 

Climbing to 20,000 feet.

Flying between Manchester and Leeds.

Coming into land at Edinburgh

Uncle TechTip

Lovely shots. 20 seems low! Get it to 30k, bit more work to do.

BlodwynPig

mobias

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 28, 2020, 08:55:33 AM
is there turbulence in this simulator?

There is yeah. Landing a big plane in heavy rain, strong winds and low visibility is the FS2020 equivalent of a Bloodborne boss flight