Author Topic: 'Up above the streets and houses' Flight Simulator 2020.  (Read 27813 times)

mobias

Re: 'Up above the streets and houses' Flight Simulator 2020.
« Reply #450 on: February 22, 2021, 04:04:00 PM »

Pfft.  A likely story.  She's 17 going on 37, if she's a day.

She sure is hard work thats for sure. I thought it make for a nice and interesting afternoon out to go and see Sealand, the worlds smallest principality, and other second world war sea forts in the North sea off the Suffolk coast.
All she did was complain about sea sickness.

« Reply #451 on: February 22, 2021, 07:18:39 PM »
Sadly its currently just an AI approximation of Bishopbriggs thats in the sim. Not sure whether its an improvement or not?

Haha, I slightly hoped being a satellite town of Glasgow that it might've got some of that sweet rendering-by-association despite being quite a non-descript place in its own right. Love the pictures you take in game, by the way!

As an aside, I've often wondered how much mileage there is in thread about your own home town appearing in games. The subject has always fascinated me. I've been drawn to train simulators just purely because sometimes they feature Glasgow to Edinburgh, which passes by my wee station in Bishopbriggs, and it feels so odd but pleasing to see a small corner of my world appearing in a game. Imagine how spoilt for choice you'd be if your home was New York City or the centre of London.

falafel

• Yes, blue.
« Reply #452 on: February 22, 2021, 07:47:58 PM »

Crikey!  Small world.  I too literally got punched in the face in the grounds of Winchester Cathedral (around 2 years ago).  I wonder if it was the same bruiser who decked us both!

If there's one thing we've learned from all this, it's that people in Winchester don't take kindly to public masturbation

« Reply #453 on: March 07, 2021, 09:06:15 PM »
Amazing how long the Xbox Series X is taking to arrive...

mobias

« Reply #454 on: March 07, 2021, 09:29:26 PM »
Its coming out in July or there abouts. Its got to be partly recoded to work on Xbox apparently. They're also taking time to add more gameplay type features to it to make it more appealing to the console crowd. People with an XBox are in for a treat though. There's tons of third party stuff coming to the console version like fighter jets, concord and a Spitfire.

« Reply #455 on: March 09, 2021, 03:24:47 PM »
I'm looking forward to this :-)

mobias

« Reply #456 on: March 28, 2021, 05:00:12 PM »
Enjoying a little flight up the Suez canal in flight sim. There's quite a blockage.

batwings

• Timewaster seeks same. No timewasters please.
« Reply #457 on: March 29, 2021, 06:18:10 PM »
Pretty decent Airbus H135 helicopter (free):

https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbus-h135-helicopter-project

Great fun.

If you're using a HOTAS, you can create a controller profile with the throttle axis reversed to act as the collective.

« Reply #458 on: March 30, 2021, 12:27:16 AM »
Great Suez sim there, ha. Did they change the ship's name to avoid being sued?

Zetetic

• I wasn't supposed to be around this long, so…
« Reply #459 on: March 30, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »
Interesting that we're seeing the sort-of technological selling point of the game now appearing as middleware:
https://cesium.com/platform/cesium-for-unreal/

mobias

« Reply #460 on: March 30, 2021, 07:08:32 PM »

Great Suez sim there, ha. Did they change the ship's name to avoid being sued?

Real world shipping liveries aren't in the sim because they would need to pay for licenses to use them. Currently there's not even real world airline liveries for the passenger planes because Microsoft have yet to do a deal with any airline to use them.

Tags: