Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:41:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sydney Lotterby RIP

Started by pigamus, August 03, 2020, 09:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie Labuntur

Four Sydney Lotterbys down, one to go.

dissolute ocelot

QuoteWhile at Catterick garrison, he taught radio theory and ballroom dancing
It's a man's life in the army!

Brundle-Fly

Quite the pedigree there .Sydney Lotterby is one of those end credits names you never forget, like Mykola Pawluk, Ken Morse or Flick Colby,

TRIVIA  It was Lotterby that got Richard Beckinsale the Porridge gig, but before him, Paul 'Benny from Crossroads' Henry was in the frame to play Lenny Godber.

famethrowa

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 04, 2020, 10:41:31 AM
one of those end credits names you never forget, like Mykola Pawluk, Ken Morse or Flick Colby,

Hazel Pethig

wosl

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 04, 2020, 10:41:31 AMIt was Lotterby that got Richard Beckinsale the Porridge gig, but before him, Paul 'Benny from Crossroads' Henry was in the frame to play Lenny Godber.

See, now you've made me think that Sydney was probably apt to stick his oar in a bit too much at times; I'd have loved to have seen Godber speaking with an unforced Birmingham accent and radiating that struggling-behind-the-champion-smile quality that Henry would've brought.  His 'Roads association will have done him no favours over the years, but Benny was a well-nigh thankless role, and Henry probably did as much as anyone could've with it.

You aren't half a mine, Brunds.

Quite the pedigree there .Sydney Lotterby is one of those end credits names you never forget, like Mykola Pawluk, Ken Morse or Flick Colby,

Is there nobody else in the world that can operate a rostrum camera?

Danger Man

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on August 04, 2020, 04:29:43 PM
Is there nobody else in the world that can operate a rostrum camera?

Den Davis.

TRIVIA  It was Lotterby that got Richard Beckinsale the Porridge gig, but before him, Paul 'Benny from Crossroads' Henry was in the frame to play Lenny Godber.

I'm guessing he was also the inspiration for name of the dim-witted cook played by Zoot Money in the 1979 film version.

easytarget

He truly was a national Lottterby.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Glebe

I was only really familiar with his name, but indeed, what a CV. RIP mate.