Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:54:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Yepti (yet another horrid tech start up)

Started by Sebastian Cobb, August 04, 2020, 12:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I've just been made aware of this. It's a real box-ticker in terms of fucking awful tech start ups.

First let's look at the staff page. Complete with pretentious titles and fucking awful animated images of the staff, this guy's their 'third-wave idealist' apparently.

Now let's get on to what the app actually does, not making this clear is seeming de-rigueur in tech these days, I suppose if you make it wooly it can mean different things to different investors.

QuoteYepti is a platform for sharing economy, which removes the element of ownership. Sharing high quality items makes it more accessible and financially sustainable to reduce one's environmental foot print.

Those of us with the most ressources ought to take the biggest responsibility to be on the frontier of this development.

So it's a lending platform I think, but lending what? And moving on to the insurance section:

QuoteWhat happens if my items get destroyed or damaged?

We got your back! As a user on Yepti, your rented items are covered by our insurance for up to 100.000 dkk. We can thereby uphold a safe and secure sharing economy platform.

Well, that seems to go against the 'removes the concept of ownership' stuff doesn't it?

Is this a thing for lending shit you can find on gumtree? Is this what this is?

Dex Sawash

Can someone make that lamp say 'cunt' and/or blink cunt in morse code?

BlodwynPig

Hand Solo

You can `rent' pets on it? Oh aye? What makes this guy not the new Jeff Epstein of animals?

Morpheus Fishburne wants to know what breed is it? Will he give it the red pill or the blue pill, like a Matrix Cosby? Suppose the jokes on him because I don't think you can get cats pregnant.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Hand Solo on August 04, 2020, 01:13:46 PM
Suppose the jokes on him because I don't think you can get cats pregnant.

Actually it's very easy, but you will need a second cat.

QDRPHNC

Looking at their web site, I think calling this a "tech start up" is giving them a little too much credit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Removing the concept of ownership.... From poor people

Hand Solo

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on August 04, 2020, 01:19:31 PM
Actually it's very easy, but you will need a second cat.

Doesn't work with this one.

Though I suppose it's in a superposition of in and out of the closet at the same time.

Johnny Yesno

Kryton

Job titles:

Change Magician
Allies Curator
Motion Picture Mystic
Brand Brightener
3rd Wave Idealist
Grave

Edit: They've also used the term 'Cyberpunk wit' (whatever the fuck that means) twice - Once for Johannes Vasco Lockwood and then for Lewis Burtt-Smith. It wasn't funny the first time.

Cuellar

Cuellar

It's all automatically generated text. It's uncanny - it looks like it might mean something, nouns, verbs, adjectives, they're all there in more or less the right order, but it doesn't actually mean anything. It's hollow.

'HeyLouise' doesn't exist on twitter, all the links to twitter accounts on that medium profile go nowhere. @yepti_dk joined twitter in November 2018 and hasn't done anything at all - doesn't follow anyone, has no followers, hasn't tweeted, hasn't liked a tweet.

Kryton

Quote from: Cuellar on August 04, 2020, 03:34:08 PM
It's all automatically generated text. It's uncanny - it looks like it might mean something, nouns, verbs, adjectives, they're all there in more or less the right order, but it doesn't actually mean anything. It's hollow.

'HeyLouise' doesn't exist on twitter, all the links to twitter accounts on that medium profile go nowhere. @yepti_dk joined twitter in November 2018 and hasn't done anything at all - doesn't follow anyone, has no followers, hasn't tweeted, hasn't liked a tweet.

They're Danish or something though. English is probably their second or even third language.

steve98

Quote from: bgmnts on August 04, 2020, 03:18:27 PM
I'm confused.

Try looking up "Yepti" in a dictionary and it might clarify things. I found only one exact match: Yepti, a cat from Seoul.

PS. The next closest exact match (Disregarding "Yeti") was "YETI", a Yeast Exploration Tool Integrator (which I've summarized below.)

Summary: Yeast Exploration Tool Integrator (YETI) is a novel bioinformatics tool for the integrated visualization and analysis of functional genomic data sets from the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae.

EDITED TO ADD (Nothing)

Cuellar

Quote from: Kryton on August 04, 2020, 03:40:43 PM
They're Danish or something though. English is probably their second or even third language.

It could just be a combination of not quite fluent English and awful empty marketing prose.

QuoteTo manage my own campaigns I ended up with a sheet of numbers, channels, and a drive full with different creatives with hopeless name convention and endless formats and versions, that all was represented in the meantime of the campaign

It just doesn't feel right

Consignia

Quote from: steve98 on August 04, 2020, 03:47:03 PM
I found only one exact match: Yepti, a cat from Seoul.

Disappointingly that's not Yepti from Seoul. It's Miette from Fort Wayne, Indiana.

bgmnts

Quote from: steve98 on August 04, 2020, 03:47:03 PM
Try looking up "Yepti" in a dictionary and it might clarify things. I found only one exact match: Yepti, a cat from Seoul.

PS. The next closest exact match (Disregarding "Yeti") was "YETI", a Yeast Exploration Tool Integrator (which I've summarized below.)

Summary: Yeast Exploration Tool Integrator (YETI) is a novel bioinformatics tool for the integrated visualization and analysis of functional genomic data sets from the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae.

EDITED TO ADD (Nothing)

See now thats value added to society. Does it balsnce out the absolute nothing that this other thing is?

Dr Trouser

i like how the owner has drawn a cock and balls on its cute little face

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Dr Trouser on August 04, 2020, 04:24:46 PM
i like how the owner has drawn a cock and balls on its cute little face

And it's licking the salty/vinegary goodness off the base of the balls.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cuellar on August 04, 2020, 04:01:57 PM
It could just be a combination of not quite fluent English and awful empty marketing prose.

It just doesn't feel right

I see what you mean. That quote does look a lot like Talk to Transformer output. Awful empty marketing prose is a good cover for AI language experimentation.

Shit Good Nose

I dunno guys, I reckon this is real:

Phil Minton

Phil is our Glossolalia Gandalf, the author of In Search of the Perfect Weapon and a leading reviewer, as well as a founder member, columnist, emeritus, and fellow Gunnery Talker, a Gunnery Talker contributor. He has a Ph.D. in Political Science from Harvard, a master's degree in Psychology from Harvard, and a B.A. in History from Brown University's Barry School of Public Policy from Brown University. [Learn more at Ask Gunnery.]

Sebastian Cobb

Actually the clearest explanation of what they do is on the google play store, machine-translated from Danish to English by Google.

Yepti strengthens creativity and reduces consumption by building bridges between people who are not afraid to share.

Rent and rent your items and earn money when you are not using them or you can hire the tool or equipment you are just missing and missing.

Begin to share and unlock your creativity with cameras, speakers, smokers, portrait lenses, discs, synthesizers, motosave, and more.
- You can even rent a sausage car!

We've made it as simple as possible, so you can easily:
• Create ads
• Enter rental agreements with other users through our chat feature
• Deliver or send the rented product
• Receive cash compensation from our insurance if the accident is out

What can I rent / rent with Yepti?
-------------------------------------------------- --------
We have chosen to focus on three main categories: "Photography & Film", "Music and Light" and "Tools". We have chosen these categories because these products are relatively expensive and in addition they have a usage rate that is relatively low. On our part portal there are many exciting things and cases of high quality. If you would like to rent a camera, rent your smoke machine, or rent speakers and lights for your party - then come to Denmark's best rental site.

Yepti has the following categories:

Photo & Film (incl.):
- Cameras
- Lighting
- Lenses
- Accessories
- Packaging solutions
- Droner
- Projectors

Music, Light, and Sound (incl.):
- Instruments
- DJ Equipment
- Speakers and Sound
- party

Tools (incl.):
- Garden tools
- Power tools
- Hand tools
- Machinery
- Scaffolding
- Trailers

Things & Cases (incl.):
- Gaming
- Cooking
- Clothes
- Bikes

Why share economy?
-----------------------------------
A musician might ask himself: "Do I need this amplifier for my next gig?" A photographer: "Do I need a better portrait for the next wedding? Or you might ask yourself: "Do I need a sandpit to drop your kitchen table?" The answer to these questions can often be yes - but with this response, costs are both environmental and economic. What we need is a way we can reduce these costs without compromising our needs. The solution to this becomes clear when we ask ourselves the question: "Do I need to own this thing?" The answer to this question is often "no". Despite the fact that we share the world we live in, the few of us have acknowledged the fact that we also need to share its resources to preserve it - we still feel driven to own - to consume.

Yepti is a share-economic platform that removes the element of ownership. Sharing high quality things makes it more accessible and economically manageable to reduce one's environmental footprint to minimize one's consumption.

We believe in part economics as the natural and environmental choice. Therefore, we have designed an app to help establish relationships between people who want to help each other.

Download the app, rent, play and rent to enter into a new creative sharing economy.

This is one of those things that probably sounds reasonable, but you'll end up with 80% of the stuff being rented out by 20% of the people. Probably sniped off of freecycle.

BlodwynPig

PlanktonSideburns

Had relatives who were broke as fuck, rented their furniture and white goods  cos they could never afford to buy individual

Is this going to be like uber but for the shirt off your back?

Sebastian Cobb

PlanktonSideburns