Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:24:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Aberdeen all doomed

Started by Tony Tony Tony, August 05, 2020, 12:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

It seems Aberdeen is the latest area to suffer a local lockdown with pubs, cafes and restaurants ordered to shut. a bit of an odd one bucking the recent trend of English towns with relatively high BAME communities.

Still shutting pubs in Scotland's oil capital... that's gonna go down like a lead balloon

BlodwynPig

Could be related to Faroe Islands seeing spikes now

Piles the Beaver

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Piles the Beaver on August 05, 2020, 04:18:35 PM
There's something slightly H.S. Art about the list of affected Pub names:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18630467.28-bars-linked-covid-19-outbreak-aberdeen/

If that's a single infected person going to all those hostelries it's a hell of a pub crawl. I raise my Tam O' Shanter.

Sebastian Cobb

My mate lived up by the Adam Lounge/Hawthorne and I lived by its sister pub The St Machar. The owners of them are some of the more responsible ones and the Adam Lounge/Hawthorne (two separate bars separated by a small walkway to the mens bog) are both spacious, so if it can't work there other places are doomed.

I've only not been to 6 of those on that list, one of them I couldn't find, one was in Balmedie and another was in Dyce.

Mr Banlon

Sebastian Cobb

Before my time really.

I've been to The Regent round the corner from it though and The Crown and Anchor, which was featured on TV but has now been knocked into flats.

boki

Maybe Aberdeen should be all domed to contain things a bit.

dissolute ocelot

Disappointed that "The Spiders Wed" is a typo and not a romantic spider-themed pub with pictures of tarantulas wearing veils.

I've been in a couple, and remember having a very drunken, mildly racist argument about blues music in the Bieldside Inn, one of those happy student summers where you go to stay with a uni mate and are plunged into the depths of dysfunction. Rather than doming Aberdeen, what's clearly needed is for everybody to be allocated a local pub and not allowed to go anywhere else.

idunnosomename

Royals fault. Superspreaders

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 06, 2020, 11:38:34 AM
Disappointed that "The Spiders Wed" is a typo and not a romantic spider-themed pub with pictures of tarantulas wearing veils.

I've been in a couple, and remember having a very drunken, mildly racist argument about blues music in the Bieldside Inn, one of those happy student summers where you go to stay with a uni mate and are plunged into the depths of dysfunction. Rather than doming Aberdeen, what's clearly needed is for everybody to be allocated a local pub and not allowed to go anywhere else.

What sort of rich cunt stays in Cults as a student?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 06, 2020, 12:30:43 PM
What sort of rich cunt stays in Cults as a student?
Her parents lived there! She stayed term-time with a one-eyed man, a cunt in a waistcoat, and several drug-dealers.

Head Gardener

I was there over the weekend and it was very masky, most folks in the streets had one on and shops insisted on it, but when I went into VUE to see Tenet hardly anyone had one on

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Head Gardener on August 31, 2020, 04:27:24 PM
I was there over the weekend and it was very masky, most folks in the streets had one on and shops insisted on it, but when I went into VUE to see Tenet hardly anyone had one on

News: "Man clueless as to why he suddenly feels short of breath. "I've just been getting on with life, doing the things I love, NOW THIS!""

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Head Gardener on August 31, 2020, 04:27:24 PM

Vue is the worst cinema in Aberdeen I reckon. The Belmont Filmhouse is actually good and deserves money, the Cineworld at Union Square is more modern.

Head Gardener

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 31, 2020, 09:06:37 PM
Vue is the worst cinema in Aberdeen I reckon. The Belmont Filmhouse is actually good and deserves money, the Cineworld at Union Square is more modern.

it was the £4.99 that drew me in, Cineworld is more than double that

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Head Gardener on August 31, 2020, 10:09:42 PM
it was the £4.99 that drew me in, Cineworld is more than double that

Did you pop your head in the Cavern? One Up used to be good but it died years ago.

wooders1978

I was thinking about doing a big train tour in October around the highlands but might sack it off for a bit if places aren't going back into lockdown

Head Gardener

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 31, 2020, 10:12:19 PM
Did you pop your head in the Cavern? One Up used to be good but it died years ago.

RSD + big queue = another time

Blinder Data

That's our council added to the naughty list. We've just moved and our house is a tip so it suits us just fine!

Would be gutting if the numbers go up and up and we have to lock down again

Duckula

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 31, 2020, 09:06:37 PM

It's the worst and also the cheapest so it's fine by me. They had socially distanced screenings long before the pandemic.

monkfromhavana

I thought they all lived on the oil rigs.