Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:10:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

UK doing all right

Started by Chedney Honks, August 05, 2020, 02:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Quote from: Pranet on August 12, 2020, 07:48:55 PM
not really much of a change to the actual numbers of people who have died due to C19.
Which you'd always ultimately look to death certificates and excess mortality for anyway.

Consistency better for supporting four nations' regional lockdown discussions, maybe, being generous?

chveik

they'd nuke the planet just to own the libs

Pranet

There was an item on this on More Or Less today. I know it is the evil BBC but More Or Less is good.

Anyway, from memory what I took from it is that yes the way PHE England was counting, with no cut off date does overcount and this effect increases as time goes on- makes sense if you think about it, if someone tested positive back in March, they could have recovered fully and died of something else, and as more time passes and more people are tested this is going to be the case more often.

However, the 30 day cut off- which PHE has changed to and the rest of the UK have been using- under counts- because some people die of C19 but the gap between them being tested and then dying is longer than 30 days- and this undercounting is also increasing over time as medical staff get better at treating it - more people survive for longer but ultimately die.

Hence the 60 day cut off figure- which apparently the consensus is the best compromise if you want a quick rough figure.

But obviously the government are going to publicise the 30 day figure most because that makes them look good- as the SNP have been doing already.

But the best figures, which take longer to produce, are the ONS figures which go on Covid mentioned on the death certificate.

Then you've got excess deaths of course which opens up a lot of other questions.

But yeah none of this owns the libs as that prick seems to think it does.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 12, 2020, 07:07:36 PM
Massaging the numbers to dishonour ARE BRAVE DEAD. you are a sick person

wait - you think I'm 'massaging' the figures?

this is coming from Public Health England

QuoteProf John Newton, director of health improvement at Public Health England (PHE), said: "The way we count deaths in people with Covid-19 in England was originally chosen to avoid underestimating deaths caused by the virus in the early stages of the pandemic."

Quote from: Pranet on August 12, 2020, 07:48:55 PM
If I am reading this right

you clearly haven't read it at all

QuotePreviously, people in England who died at any point following a positive test, regardless of cause, were counted in the figures.

5,000 deaths recorded as being related to Covid, which clearly were not, are being quite rightly re-classified

You're going to have to up your game here guys, your narratives are collapsing all over the place

Antifa are heroes, Dawn Butler was stopped because she is black, Boris the literal, hands-on russian asset murderer is massaging covid deaths

try harder! or ask for your money back on these expesensive educations mummy paid for

Quote from: Pranet on August 12, 2020, 10:17:57 PM
But yeah none of this owns the libs as that prick seems to think it does.

making some of these guys look pretty dumb though :P

Chedney Honks

Oh no, now you got me so angry I will have to reply in depth.

people being wrong also triggers that reaction

I know you're hoping no-one's going to apply some critical thinking to your echo chamber, but here we are

Quote from: chveik on August 12, 2020, 08:57:26 PM
they'd nuke the planet just to own the libs

you're literally "nuking" the planet (mainly Portland) to own the "nazis"

jobotic

They literally nuked it? It's gone?

Not bad for cosplay fantasists.

BlodwynPig

TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER, CORPORAL PAULIE

finnquark

Quote from: Alberon on August 12, 2020, 08:11:15 PM
But to cunt both up the wall takes a special kind of ineptitude. They've even had time left to bugger up the further education system as they only seemed to consider the problems there yesterday morning.

Just finished analysing the results here. Fucking disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. Can't have the working classes getting good grades can we?

Pranet

I seem to remember at the start of this PW got a bit scared and occasionally posted like a human.

olliebean

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on August 13, 2020, 09:07:18 AM
wait - you think I'm 'massaging' the figures?

this is coming from Public Health England

you clearly haven't read it at all

5,000 deaths recorded as being related to Covid, which clearly were not, are being quite rightly re-classified

Public Health England found that 3664 of the deaths included in the Covid-19 death figures did not have Covid-19 on their death certificates. So the government has introduced changes to exclude those deaths from the figures, plus over 1300 more that definitely were Covid-related. If that isn't massaging the figures, I don't know what is.

jobotic

You still wanking about there being 4 new cases in NZ Paulie?

Whilst pretending that your Masters are doing a good job here?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on August 13, 2020, 11:42:06 AM
You still wanking about there being 4 new cases in NZ Paulie?

Whilst pretending that your Masters are doing a good job here?

10 new cases today. Meltdown

frajer

Double figures! Doubly FUCKED now!!

Seriously, imagine only having 10 new cases.

Imagine being able to be proud of your country's handling of anything.

guys, by your logic, Saint Sturgeon has also been massaging the figures, I don't recall you raising any concerns before now?

you do realise that, with the old system, as far as the stats were concerned no-one would ever recover from Covid? you see any flaws in this methodology? clearly Health authorities in Wales, Scotland and NI did

Quote from: frajer on August 13, 2020, 11:53:10 AM
Double figures! Doubly FUCKED now!!

Seriously, imagine only having 10 new cases.

Imagine being able to be proud of your country's handling of anything.

how many new cases does the UK have?

what is the relative population densities of NZ and UK?

didn't they teach you the concept of "context" during that expensive education?

Quote from: olliebean on August 13, 2020, 11:38:15 AM
Public Health England found that 3664 of the deaths included in the Covid-19 death figures did not have Covid-19 on their death certificates. So the government has introduced changes to exclude those deaths from the figures, plus over 1300 more that definitely were Covid-related. If that isn't massaging the figures, I don't know what is.

Anecdotally, Covid was being put on death certificates from everything from dying of actual Covid to an ingrowing toenail, of course deaths that don't state Covid should be removed FFS

what do you mean "definitely" btw?

Quoteplus over 1300 more that definitely were Covid-related

bgmnts

Troll being fed again. Yay.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on August 13, 2020, 02:56:21 PM
Troll being fed again. Yay.

He'll be fit to burst...just one more pie and pint and he'll be done

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

SCAB

QuoteLucy Wightman, Director of Public Health at Northamptonshire County Council, said 299 workers had tested positive.

olliebean

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on August 13, 2020, 12:58:39 PM
Anecdotally, Covid was being put on death certificates from everything from dying of actual Covid to an ingrowing toenail, of course deaths that don't state Covid should be removed FFS

what do you mean "definitely" btw?

"Anecdotally." Must be true, then.

"Definitely" means that I would definitely trust a doctor who has no particular reason to lie on a death certificate over some bollocks that someone has told you "anecdotally."

non capisco

Paulie Walnuts is obviously just some disingenuous poster or bored lurker out to get a rise. Please remember he once accidentally posted his out of character distaste for someone like Andrew Neill (I think it was) under his Paulie Walnuts account. Just don't reply to him ever and he'll eventually get bored with the account and stop using it. Couldn't give a fuck who he actually is on here, incidentally. More annoyed he's dragging the name of my favourite Sopranos character through the mud.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Stop trying to pretend thousands of people can act in that concerted way. If it was going to happen by now it would have.

Zetetic

Red for COVID-19, Orange for everything else.

Worth remembering that England was the worst of the four constituent countries for identifying COVID-19 on the death certificate in the first weeks.

Unless you lot were just killing a bunch of people in other ways, I guess.

Zetetic

Anyway.

In the present, I'm sure that Deloitte - under the instructions of the Westminster administration - aren't completely fucking up care home testing for everyone.