Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:39:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things that brighten up your day slightly

Started by Mister Cairo, May 25, 2005, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not sure if this brightens my day or depresses me intensely but here goes.

There's a gaunt homeless man who sits outside Tesco's that Rob and I chatted to before.  He's very softly spoken, sober and subdued.  Last time he told me he had left home because of depression and was now on the streets.  He was thinking about going back to his parents, but his dad is ill and he's worried he would be a burden to his parents.  Which I said was untrue, parents want their children to be safe and happy and maybe he could help out.  Anyway, we chatted and smoked for a bit, and I haven't seen him since.

He was there again tonight, which was sad.  I asked him what had happened and he said he went back and was kicked out, so is back on the streets.  He asked for a fag but for the first time ever, I didn't have any on me.  I went into Tescos to get some, ahem, feminine hygiene products and when I came out, he was sitting with a Tesco bag on his knee.  I gave him sixty pee and when he took it, he handed me the bag.

"Do you want some sushi?" he asked, as I watched a tall bloke sidle away, empty handed.  
"No thanks, don't you want it?"
"No- I hate sushi but that man got it for me.  It was nice of him but I'm going to buy some bread instead".  

Crouch End, there, marvellous.

Cerys

Frinky, I believe that now the purpose of the hatch must have become clear.  It's for pushing unwanted tenants into.  And regarding your question about the inability of a 6'4" bloke to hit a 5'2" girl, I'd have thought the answer was obvious.  It's because she's far too small to see unless he gets so close that a really good swing to the arm is impossible.

Frinky

But the kicking! I have such big feet!

And the hatch would be no good - that dozy cunt can't even work a ladder. Looking at her, I can't help but feel she's one of the great tragedies of our time, and yet, I don't feel pity, or smypathy, just the urge to scald her by pouring a kettle of boiling oil over her.

Gah, too many people are No Good.

PeachSmints

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"There's a gaunt homeless man who sits outside Tesco's that Rob and I chatted to before.  He's very softly spoken, sober and subdued [...]

Crouch End, there, marvellous.

I wonder if that is the same man I give croissants, muffins and fruit salad to at the end of my day at the juice bar? We always have leftovers (things that don't sell during the day) that I take in a bag. The man I give them to often sits on the opposite side of the road by the cashpoint near the W7 stop. He's always very polite, I bet he's sick of croissants by now though.

PeachSmints

No, I don't believe so. Truth-be-told I've never stopped and chatted to him though because I'm either being very shy or I'm sprinting after the W7. A lot of the time he's asleep too.

butnut

terminallyrelaxed

falafel

I got the last post in fucks you off, let's see if I can do it here too...

Bye.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "difbrook in 'Fuck You Off'"thank you kindly, and to all the others who've said nice things. Brightens me up no end, that does. You're lovely around here.
It's one of my own personal terrors, ever since a cracked plastic bathtub caused legions of water to cascade down the wall where I *nearly* put my huge record collection.  I still worry that they're in a room against a wall that backs onto a shower cubicle in the next.

Cerys

Frinky

Neil

I was going to close this on general principle anyway...that general principle being that someone used the phrase "juice-bar" on the previous page! :-)

zozman

I'm a tiny squirrel trying to find a new tree