Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Things that brighten up your day slightly

Started by Mister Cairo, May 25, 2005, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbie

Today I (very accidentally) misspelled the surname Hardwick as Harddick in an email that I sent to about 10 of my co-workers.  Kept me smiling for a little while, despite being called a filthy perv, and thankfully Mr Hardwick wasn't offended.

slim

Quote from: "Tina"today i overheard two neighbours talking outside, and i found out the neighbour upstairs is finally getting a kidney transplant today, after having waited for one for years.
I'm intrigued to know what you could have wrong with your kidneys that you could have for years but still need a transplant. Was the function of the kidney replaced by a machine in the interim?

Cerys

There are many people on dialysis who are in need of transplants.  Julia Roberts said so in Steel Magnolias, and I believe her.

Tina

Quote from: "slim"
Quote from: "Tina"today i overheard two neighbours talking outside, and i found out the neighbour upstairs is finally getting a kidney transplant today, after having waited for one for years.
I'm intrigued to know what you could have wrong with your kidneys that you could have for years but still need a transplant. Was the function of the kidney replaced by a machine in the interim?
man, i have no idea. i dont know the guy well. i just know that its been many years now that ive been seeing ambulance come to pick him up at least once a week, and bring him back, as they were taking him for his dialysis.
and hey, i live in croatia. maybe we have an unusual lack of organs in here. haha
no seriously, i really dont know much on the matter.

slim

Ah, ta for the info and hints, my curiosity is sufficiently sated.

Regarding the topic, to prevent me veering it wildly off course: seeing ladyslim sleep.

butnut

Quote from: "slim"Regarding the topic, to prevent me veering it wildly off course: seeing ladyslim sleep.

Is this anything to do to with your location, bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum?

slim

That was actually me singing merrily and deciding to transcribe it onto the forum, feeling too guilty to use a IHNOWTS thread and so popping the song into my location. :)

Her bum is discreetly and quite rightly safely nested under the duvet, I'm afraid. I wish I were tired; my bed looks lovely and inviting but I know I'm nowhere near sleep.

Oops, wrong thread.

Tina

i just noticed the moon rising. and it is massive and yellow and unusually south. that is very nice. :)

Rich

Driving home through Coulsdon last night it made me happy that the Porsche that was behind me going up Marlpit Lane, didn't get all up my arse in a display of raw power and contempt for my obviously smaller penis, and in fact drove at a thoroughly reasonable speed at a thoroughly reasonable distance behind me.

Cerys

Presumably they were in awe of your superior girth.

Rich

Bah, there I was thinking there are just some other reasonable drivers on the road, but as with most minor displays of respect afforded to me, it was only because of my superior girth.  Sometimes I think it's more of a curse than a blessing.

But to abstract away from my penis for a second, I was in a queue of cars passing a young father and son on a bike ride the other day, and one of the cars ahead rolled down their window and threw something pretty substantial (couldn't make out exactly what) at the kid's face, presumably on account of the minor delay that they had incurred.  I thought it was one of the most shocking things I've ever seen (have I lived a sheltered life?).  Maybe this was one for the Happyslappers thread actually...

LadyDay

A patient kissed my hand the other day

Lt Plonker

That slight giddy, almost tipsy feeling from having stayed up the whole night writing an essay on Daffy Duck makes me happy.

Come lunchtime I'll be as miserable as hell, though.

Lady Beaner

Grinning like a loon because I have booked half a day off... I leave this pisshole in two hours!  Going to buy lots of Corona and veg out by the Thames.

*smug*

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"Grinning like a loon because I have booked half a day off... I leave this pisshole in two hours!

Good luck for the operation, we all hope it goes smoothly.

Cerys

My day has just been marginally brightened by the discovery that if I click the wheel on my mouse it'll allow me to page up and down just by moving the mouse itself.  This may be obvious to everyone else, but it's the first wheeled optical mouse I've ever had, and it's all new and lovely.  Aaaaaah.

TraceyQ

I had a filthy, dirty Big Mac for lunch and I feel about thirty-two times better.

mothman

It's so nice and quiet at work I can sit and follow the Guardian's over-by-over coverage of the cricket on their website. They even posted one of my messages!

Rubella

I at a meatball sub from Subway today and it was nice.  However, on the downside, this day is dragging on and on and eveyone seems to have gone home but I have to stay here because I'm a temp and wont get paid otherwise - bah!

AND I am very tired because the drug dealer's upstairs moved out (evicted) but failed to tell any of their customers so I had skagheads with limps and fistfulls of greasy fivers ringing my doorbell ALL NIGHT LONG.

Maybe this will brighten up someone else's day slightly?

mothman

Depends. Do we have any doorbell salesmen here?

RFT

Quote from: "TraceyQ"I had a filthy, dirty Big Mac for lunch and I feel about thirty-two times better.
McDonald's breakfasts are a guilty pleasure for me and the wife...

and this particular day has been brightened for me by the fact that an incompent manager at my workplace has been given the sack.

Rubella

Considering my doorbell has my name on it, everyone presumes that my doorbell (out of the 4 there are available) handily rings the flat of the person they came to visit or is some magical doorbell that automatically summons the correct person.

And this scraggy lady last night just rang it again and again and again and again....and then she thought banging on my window would be good too.  Arrggghhh.

Cerys

This is why you should have answered the door looking tired and harassed, telling her that you'd appreciate her fucking off as you have to be at work in the morning and the Chief Inspector doesn't like it when you're late.

Rubella

Yes would have except she had a large bent nosed man behind her and living on my own I'd prefer not to open the door in my pyjamas to complete strangers with hardcore drug habits at 2.30am and there's no security chain on the front door.  They could have stolen me.

Suttonpubcrawl

Finishing an exam, even if you're not confident about the result.

Sam

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"Finishing an exam, even if you're not confident about the result.

Yes! On Monday I had an exam which I totally fucked up, but after leaving I didn't give a shit. Today I had an exam and I reckon I did alright in it so I feel even better. Just one more to go and then I have 15 weeks of doing nothing. This will be the Summer of Sam!

Tina

Quote from: "Rubella"Considering my doorbell has my name on it, everyone presumes that my doorbell (out of the 4 there are available) handily rings the flat of the person they came to visit or is some magical doorbell that automatically summons the correct person.

And this scraggy lady last night just rang it again and again and again and again....and then she thought banging on my window would be good too.  Arrggghhh.
that is familiar. though in my case its the postman. i dont know why he picks MY bell out of 13 other available. always. each and every time. and not just him. its also the paperboys, and those people who bring in bills shipped by special mail services. and chimney cleaners. and advert spammers. they all ring MY bell.

fuck knows what it is.

slim

Quote from: "Tina"fuck knows what it is.
All the other apartments are occupied by men?

wheatgod

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"Finishing an exam, even if you're not confident about the result.
Totally.
Finishing your exams, having a great night out, then going to a picnic in the glorious sunshine the next day. Not a little thing, but its brightened me up no end.