Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Barnsley bugler to play Last Post until there are no more Covid deaths

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 06, 2020, 01:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Played it every night for 130 days so far.

Surprised its taken so long for this to reach the BBC. He's raised over £7,000 for the intensive care unit at his local hospital.

Quote"I'm highlighting that it's still there and it's still a danger," he said.

"People seem to have relaxed a bit about it and I don't think they are taking it as seriously as they did, but it is still just as serious as it was before.

"If I can give them that warning then hopefully people will listen."

Hopefully it will ensure people in Barnsley stay vigilant and whilst hospitals shouldn't have to rely on charity it's good he's raised this money. Says a lot about this government that ICUs need to rely on public donations especially during a pandemic.

Each performance is apparantly livestreamed but the BBC don't link to it and I can't find it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-53667321

DrGreggles

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 06, 2020, 01:10:01 PM
Surprised its taken so long for this to reach the BBC. He's raised over £7,000 for the intensive care unit at his local hospital.

Pathetic amount.
Captain Tom used £8,000 in tenners to mop up the blood of that prostitute he killed.

El Unicornio, mang

Maybe he could contribute money from all the houses in Barnsley he's ransacked.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

I saw that earlier and thought it was that he'd play the Last Post until he died from Covid.

king_tubby

'Ere mate, you holding?

Got some Barnsley bugle, lad.

Wassat?

Bathtub speed cut with Vim and cat litter

10 bag ta.

George Oscar Bluth II

Nah good for him. Cancelling the briefings and the Rishi Sunak Cheap Nando's scheme have made people forget that fucking dozens of people are still dying a day from this shit. At least the people round him will be reminded.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

dissolute ocelot

Decline in bagpipe players is definitely one of the positive consequences of people no longer giving a shit about COVID. Unless all the bagpipers were dead, that would be tragic (but not tragic enough to play the pipes about).

idunnosomename

If i lived in barnsley the hospital would be using the 7 grand he raised to remove that fucking bugle from his arse

Butchers Blind

kalowski

Chairman Yang

Oh, of course he's a veteran... Lt. Captain Paul Goose, honking his fucking way into the record books.

You spend the Troubles pumping comfort girls and a decade later you're a hero for playing the kazoo.

He'll be getting a visit from Barnsley Burgler if I have anything to say about it.

Twit 2

Reckon he's killed some disadvantaged women with that bugle. Absolutely decked them.