Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:37:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Valuable books

Started by bgmnts, August 06, 2020, 08:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

A couple of years ago I bought a hardback copy of The Plague Dogs and it turns out its - I think - a first edition and signed by Richard Adams. I am unsure if this makes it a rare or a valuable book but I've chanced my arm and listed it up on eBay anyway.

Is this a valuable book? Does anyone here have any signed or rare books or offload anyway? If so, where did you do so, would love some advice, it seems a lot of places charge you monthly for the privilege.

Famous Mortimer

There's a little discussion about in this thread, if that's any good to you?

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,81674.0.html

Bookfinder.com and abebooks.co.uk will usually help you to find the best prices for buying or selling. The prices for a signed first edition of The Plague Dogs (for the 1977 Hardback) on abebooks range from £35.76 to £150. It's difficult to use bookfinder's search functions to find out if there is a less expensive signed first edition anywhere else.

touchingcloth

A friend of mine is a police. One of his first assignments was guarding the scene of that book dealer in Oxford who got whacked for a copy of Wind in the Willows, and he said it was "bare boring".