Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:03:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fall Guys

Started by Utter Shit, August 07, 2020, 12:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Haven't seen a thread on here for this, which seems odd as it's big news at the moment. New game out on PS4, free on PS Plus...it's a knockout game that is roughly along the lines of Fortnite (from my limited experience of Fortnite), but far sillier. It's essentially Takeshi's Castle - up to sixty players start each game, with a certain number knocked out each round until a winner is declared in the final round. I've only played a handful of rounds so far, but some ideas are exactly the same as Takeshi's Castle - particularly the round where you have to race through a series of doors to the finish line, but only some of the doors are open.

It's good fun - maybe a little bit limited at the moment, in that you can only play in parties of four (ie. you can only have a maximum of four friends in the same game), but each round only lasts maybe a minute or so, so even if you're knocked out early you don't have long to wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELg2YeUdyQ

Bazooka

I downloaded with ps plus of course, played a few games, but it's just not holding my attention to be honest, it's fine but that virus game whatever it's called is broken, stay alive way longer than everyone else but get eliminated because my team was shit.

Been bumming this hard.

Consignia

It is good fun. Can't see it lasting long, but it's great just to jump into a game. I think the quick gameplay makes it easy to just play.

C_Larence

Loving it so far. I come top 10 every single time on the See Saw level, and 1st over 50% of the time. Not sure why that one just speaks to me, whereas my friends (who are good on other modes) regularly get eliminated on it.  Hate the team games when I'm not in a party, puts you completely at the mercy of others who usually have no idea what they're doing. Slime Climb is fucking hard too but at least that feels fair when I get eliminated.

There's a couple of small updates I think it needs. There should be a way to set spectate to cycle through people you're in a party with rather than having to go through 40 people to find them, and it should be easier to leave games, but apart from that and a few fairness fixes to rounds (the final round Fall Mountain is pretty dependent on where you start, and the other final round where you have to be wearing the tail at the end should be whoever wore it longest throughout the game). It's very early days, and I'm sure it'll get patched to fuck. I reckon it's the new rocket league.

Marner and Me

Our group have downloaded it and it is quite good fun, I think overall we still prefer Fortnite though.

kalowski

Would be great if the servers weren't fucked

bgmnts

Why are games 'seasons' now? Video games' obsession with trying to emulate other mediums has always been a bit embrassing.

Marner and Me

Just different content, keeps the game fresh to an extent and stops it going stale. I guess you could also call them a series if you wanted to. Just an Americanised word that has crept over.

BritishHobo

I'm loving this. I always felt a little bit of an old man with Fortnite/PUBG, squinting baffled at the screen while a load of 12-year-olds kill me instantly, but this daft version of the battle royale idea has really chimed with me. Gives me a 3D Mario/Splatoon vibe. If they do intend to run it like Fortnite with the seasons, and keep adding new content, I could happily play this regularly.

Only levels I don't like are the ones with the massive footballs. It just doesn't feel as fluid with the balls bouncing off everyone 

Moribunderast

Really enjoying this. Normally can't be arsed with Battle Royale games but I'm actually decent at this one. Gets properly stressful when you've made it to the last round and are trying to run the perfect race.

The servers are spotty but once that gets fixed I can see this becoming a daily play for me for a while. Haven't had a game like that since I gave up on Rocket League a few years ago.

wooders1978

I'm gonna have to bin this off - harmless fun at first but my competitive streak is triggering bouts of rage like a bloody big baby if things  don't go my way

Famous Mortimer

I'm glad it's not available for Xbox yet, as I'm in sort of a bad mood and would probably respond like you to losses.

MojoJojo

Aren't the Fortnite comparisons marketing nonsense? The only thing it has in common with fortnite is it's a multiplayer game with people getting knocked out.

C_Larence

Won 6 games last night :)

C_Larence

Quote from: Bazooka on August 17, 2020, 04:51:29 PM
That was spectator mode.

Can't bring me down from this high. I am now the proud owner of a ten crown costing bullet costume.