Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Woman in Black (1989) - Blu Ray

Started by Jerzy Bondov, August 07, 2020, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Just saw this nice little article about Nigel Kneale's Woman in Black adaptation coming out on Blu Ray. Full restored and looking brilliant if the little trailer is anything to go by: https://networkonair.com/all-products/3177-the-woman-in-black-blu-ray-pre-order-

There's no way I can stop myself buying this. Absolute masterpiece.

the science eel

Never heard of it.

Is it absolute rubbish, really?

Jerzy Bondov

Yeah I was just trolling, it's boring old shit

BlodwynPig

Scarred me. I didn't realise it was Miss Lemon who played her. She used to be in a sixties band called The She Trinity.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 07, 2020, 03:22:06 PM
Scarred me. I didn't realise it was Miss Lemon who played her. She used to be in a sixties band called The She Trinity.

I showed this to my other half recently who'd never seen it before but as she is a huge Poirot nut she couldn't get around the Miss Lemon thing. Took the chill out of it.

A bit like not being able to take Leslie Nielson seriously in films made pre-Airplane/ Drebin etc.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 07, 2020, 06:04:20 PM
I showed this to my other half recently who'd never seen it before but as she is a huge Poirot nut she couldn't get around the Miss Lemon thing. Took the chill out of it.

A bit like not being able to take Leslie Nielson seriously in films made pre-Airplane/ Drebin etc.

hmm...still too scared to watch it... the bit where she turns around in the graveyard(?)

Waking Life

Anyone else having problems ordering this off Network site? I put in my London address and it said there are couriers to deliver to my area. South East London to be fair, but Honor Oak is up and coming.