Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Steve Wright In The Afternoon - Coogan & Iannucci interview 1993

Started by alan strang, February 26, 2004, 09:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan strang

An entertaining bit of radio from over ten years ago:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alanstrang/stevewright.html

Streaming audio -Lycos make you hang on a bit before tthe thing starts up, but it's well worth the wait.

Darrell

This is fantastic!

"Don't you feel you're exploiting people with a drink problem?"
"Of course!"

Neil

Thanks for that, very interesting stuff.  Coogans good when he's not in character, I was watching the TFI interview with him last week and he runs through some of the Spitting Image puppets in that also.  

"Chatty bit"

Rats

Steve Coogan became famous through doing the jonathon ross? I never knew that.

Darrell

Quote from: "Rats"Steve Coogan became famous through doing the jonathon ross? I never knew that.

It's referring to his appearances on Saturday Zoo, principally doing the Calfs. Some of them are extras on the DVD of the 'Cheese and Ham Sandwich' nonsense.

Bilko

Quote from: "Rats"Steve Coogan became famous through doing the jonathon ross? I never knew that.

Christ the people you have to sleep with to become famous.

butnut

Thanks Alan! That's a lot of fun. Steve Wright almost seems human at times in there. Iannucci is great, and as Neil said above, Coogan's very good not in character. I really enjoyed his commentary on I'm Alan Partridge.

alan strang

Quote from: "butnut"Thanks Alan! That's a lot of fun. Steve Wright almost seems human at times in there.

I love the slight awkwardness which descends after his "and branched out?" joke.

My favourite bit though is Iannucci describing what 'In Excess' was about:

IANNUCCI
The premise of the series was just, looking at people who took life a bit too seriously and were a bit excessive about things, a bit, er, excessive about gadgets and about time-management and stuff like that...

COOGAN
(INDIGNANTLY) I don't think that's a laughing matter!

CK1

Oh My God!

I can't believe Steve Wright starts the interview asking about Iannucci's name, then where he's from. It must drive him mad!

And the guffawing from the "posse".

2 words - Wayne Carr.