Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

enoch powell

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, August 08, 2020, 08:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

Enoch had massive vocabulary he was a very learned man a professor of Greek the youngest ever!,,,,,If anyone resents that then grow up,Enoch Powell spoke 14 languages and a marvelous MP ;in fact voted the most impressive parliamentarian by fellow MPs

dissolute ocelot

His extraordinary intellect allowed him to do the only ever accurate bible translation which proved that rather than being crucified, Jesus was actually tickled to death with palm fronds, and rather than turning water into wine he actually turned weak wine into slightly stronger wine. And Adam had no nipples.

Sebastian Cobb

One of A.E. Houseman's students, fact fans!

GoblinAhFuckScary

go read his speeches and books and listen to him ;massive intellect and vocabulary he was a professor of Greek!,Accepted as the leading Classicist of hiscgeneration!in fact the lady who helps interview on the Apprentice studied classics and Enoch Powell's book on this subject was used by the students,Enoch Powell achieved a double starred first degree in classics from Trinity college Cambridge;an extremely rare degree!!Was asked to translate passage from Greek to English 'Enoch did this first in Greek then Latin and then in I think Ancient Greek And was awarded this rare degree!,,,Was three hour degree exam Enoch walked out after an hour and a half all done with three different translations!,Brilliant man

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Did he read that one about how not to be a turd

Hand Solo

Named after the only cunt in the Bible who didn't die.

Glebe

He gets a bad rap but I think he was a decent gentleman with good strong morals. Send 'em back! Send 'em back, I say!

FredNurke

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 09, 2020, 11:03:48 AM
Did he read that one about how not to be a turd

He did, but his unsurpassed textual scholarship demonstrated conclusively that the 'not' wasn't in the original.

GoblinAhFuckScary

obviously a little jealousy problem Enoch achieved so much ,even espoused economic policy which Friedman later got Nobel prize for .Campaigned and Warned and resigned over EU undemocratic nonsense . banish those swines who can only think about elephants !

Rizla

SONGS OF THE PLAYGRUND

Enoch Powell
and Tessa Jowell
were wrapping up an owl
in in old tea towel
when Tessa's foul
and foetid bowel
elicited a howl
from Simon Cowell
<do be do be do be do be do...plink!>

Ominous Dave

I'm not endorsing his opinions, I'm just saying there needs to be a free and open debate about them. Also that tattoo on my forehead is actually a Hindu Swastika, which makes you the real racist.

touchingcloth

More like Pene-och Owl.

petril

was going to post something about being blown up on live television, but that was the other one. Powell was on Wheel of Fortune with John Leslie

batwings

"By their fruits shall ye know them". Well, Enoch's son Peter was a cracking DJ, TOTP presenter and was married to Anthea Turner for a stretch. Enoch couldn't have been that bad.

Glebe

Very misunderstood man. He warned of rivers of blood, but the imigrants durnt listen.

idunnosomename

petril

Quote from: Glebe on October 23, 2020, 09:51:34 PM
Very misunderstood man. He warned of rivers of blood, but the imigrants durnt listen.

yeah, he prophesised that but didn't realise it meant he'd be spending a lot of the seventies in Northern Ireland

Ominous Dave

I for one think rivers of blood are a terrible idea. The difference in viscosity plays havoc with one's rowing technique. But try telling that to the liberal left.

GoblinAhFuckScary

no it's only people like you clearly too much time spent insulting without evidence Milton Friedman acknowledged Enoch's contribution so your wrong I know Enoch didn't waste his life getting pissed and bragging about!,

bgmnts

Surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Yes just shut upp and rfdon't forget that He will be remembered for his massive intellect,great achievements and brilliant work as a parliamentary MP.Plus His prescient warnings about Eu and uncontrolled immigration! He Voted most impressive MP!Milton Friedman Novel prize winner acknowledged Enoch's contribution to his economic ideas !,,,

Glebe

enoch powell is the least racist person in the room. He can't see 'cause it's dark out there, but nobody is less racist than enoch powell.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Been listening to the Morris Music Show and I need to know if that is actually Powell in the second episode.

eeeEEElephAnt witHouuUt a tRRunkkkKK iS uNNTHINKableEE