Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:34:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Fast Show - Just A Load Of Blooming Catchphrases

Started by Malcy, August 08, 2020, 08:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marner and Me

The historian isn't that great, Arthur Atkinson is quite crap too.

SavageHedgehog

I love Arthur Atkinson but it's certainly a character with niche appeal.

Jockice

Quote from: Gulftastic on August 31, 2020, 08:06:25 AM
Silent Roy was rather moving. Very effective tribute.

Disappointed not to see any Arthur Atkinson. Like Ted & Ealph I loved how his story expanded as the show went on.

I wanted some Colin Hunt.

BeardFaceMan

ED FUCKING WINCHESTER! So glad they brought him back and he just quickly popped up and wasn't mentioned again, that was great.

petril

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 31, 2020, 05:28:22 PM
ED FUCKING WINCHESTER! So glad they brought him back and he just quickly popped up and wasn't mentioned again, that was great.

fuck, Ed is so perfect because he's the single archetypal Fast Show sketch. Exactly what you'd think of trying to do the parody. There's a credibility that goes along with it. It was a perfect piece of material for shouting out during pauses in school, that line had a good, long run on the patter circuit when the Fast Show as first on. As long as you made an attempt to land the accent somewhere in North America you were fine; we all knew.

Seedsy

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on August 31, 2020, 10:31:59 AM
I love Arthur Atkinson but it's certainly a character with niche appeal.

Arthur is my favourite

Seedsy

BLACK..... BLACK

Where are we sleeping tonight mother? In fathers grave

petril

Arthur Atkinson grew on me once I figured out it was an elongated meta-catchphrase. and of course, being a teenager the best one was when he said a swearword cf Jazz Club

SavageHedgehog

I thought this was quite good, was nice that most of the "regulars who aren't regarded as regulars" were included, even if they didn't get to say that much.

Also someone has uploaded all of the exclusive material from I Love the 100 Best Top 10 Lists of The Fast Show Ever! to YouTube, a clip show from New Year's Day 2002 framed around a parody of the nostalgia list shows that were all the rage at the time, which Weir often contributed to herself (as acknowledged).

Malcy

Enjoyed these. Thought the Caroline Aherne part was a nice tribute. Especially the Roy scene which was moving.

the science eel

It went on for fucking ages. All he needed to make the point was five seconds. He was looking up, down, to the left, to the right, to the camera, back again, scratched his arse, looked behind the sofa, looked left again, looked down again...ten minutes of it

willy crossit

Quote from: Jockice on August 31, 2020, 10:34:05 AM

I wanted some Colin Hunt.

there's half hour's worth of cut stuff on Gold catch up that has a decent chunk of colin hunt

Jockice

Quote from: willy crossit on September 01, 2020, 08:07:40 PM
there's half hour's worth of cut stuff on Gold catch up that has a decent chunk of colin hunt

Yeah, I saw that last night.

Hand Solo

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 31, 2020, 05:28:22 PM

Did they have him pop up as a Zombie, so he could go "Hi, I'm Dead Winchester!"

Glebe

That was interesting, but the new sketches were a little cringey. And where was all the 'behind-the-scenes' stuff?

BeardFaceMan

Was just listening to this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6ESy-m6pc

That's a John Thompson sample at the beginning, was this from a Fast Show sketch? I don't remember too much swearing in the show.

the

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on September 28, 2020, 03:51:12 PMWas just listening to this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6ESy-m6pc

That's a John Thompson sample at the beginning, was this from a Fast Show sketch? I don't remember too much swearing in the show.

It's 'Everything's Rubbish', from one of the Fast Show Live shows

BeardFaceMan

Ah yes, thanks for that. Was sure it was Fast Show related but couldn't remember it from the tv show.